• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Enthusiastic to learn!

I was a darn good shot with a 9 .. but worry "how many shots" it would take to stop an intruder. Thoughts?
Find something you're comfortable shooting and can operate proficiently.

What I mean by that is you can operate all the controls, can shoot accurately past five yards and don't have issues with the recoil and noise. I'm a huge fan of revolvers but wouldn't recommend them as a first gun for defensive use for most people.

Get good training. The first name that comes to mind locally is Claude Werner. If you want more details PM me and I'll pass along his contact info.

Don't get trapped in the myth of needing a certain caliber to stop an attacker. Don't let anybody pick your gun, just like you wouldn't let anyone of us pick your shoes.

Best regards,
Wheeler

(Steve here) See BSB? I was right...there are a lot of good guys (and girls) here on ODT. It was good to see you again today and I am always happy to help someone get acquainted with shooting. The one you liked the most was my Ruger P94. One thing I failed to go over with you was a way to secure it in your home, something you'll need to think about with your girls there. GunVault makes a compact biometric safe that you can keep your firearm in, and be able to access it in seconds when in need. I do strongly encourage you to think about safe storage also.
Nice shooting with you today, look forward to doing it again!

Back
Top Bottom