• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Enthusiastic to learn!

1432349385952.jpg
PM - sounds great. I need a good week's notice with work and kid life (typically!) daytime hours are more flexible with a few day notice than nights/weekends. Bullseye is closer!
Bullseye is close to me. I go on the weekends and plan a week in advance. I'll let you know when. I'm flexible on which day or time on the weekend. I have one child at home and she is pretty good when I'm not there.

Took my wife and 14 y/o daughter shooting numerous times lately. We paid a ten dollar rental fee each time and they literally shot 4 or 5 guns every time we went. This worked great, the guns I thought they would like, they didn't, the guns they thought they would like, they didn't. You should do this. Good practice which you need anyway, being a new shooter, and you will find a gun you like. My personal opinion, they are only expensive if you don't like them. That being said, it was unanimous there favorite was the springfield mod 2, 3.3 inch 9mm.

Welcome! Love your perspective and willingness to learn. We were all there once also. You will find two kinds of folks on here: the Glock lovers and the Glock haters. You mentioned Glock, we all have our different opinions, but I think a Glock is the best value in firearms, with a Glock 19 gen 4, being the best all around pistol. Great ergonomics, 15 rounds in a fairly compact easy to shoot package. Awesome warranty with service center right here in GA. Best holster selection, and strong re-sale value. You can't go wrong with a Glock 19.

I was a darn good shot with a 9 .. but worry "how many shots" it would take to stop an intruder. Thoughts?

Single stack carry probably get you 7 shots. I'd stop after 2 or 3, but it depends on how you practice muscle memory and practice will kick in when you need it.
Now for the real answer - all of them! :)

Back
Top Bottom