• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Enfield No.4 experience

Flammenwerfer

Default rank <4500 posts
Úlfhéthnar
61   0
Reaction score
So I've decided to start looking for a Enfield No.4(non sporterized of course) I've owned a couple of No.1's in the past but never really took to them and never fired them. I like the looks of the No.4's a lot better....what are your personal experiences with them?

I kicked around the idea of selling or possibly trading one of my Swiss K-31 rifles for one, but I'll probably just purchase one if I can get some feedback.

Guess I'm the opposite. I never really cared for the No4 MK1's or their variants.

I prefer the distinct look of the full length wood No1 MKIII's. Makes me think of the early 1900's.

The non-full length wood Enfield's look like any other rifle to me...

Guess I'm the opposite. I never really cared for the No4 MK1's or their variants.

I prefer the distinct look of the full length wood No1 MKIII's. Makes me think of the early 1900's.

I suppose it's to each his own, I'll eventually try for another No1 but I do know I want a No.4 first.

I second that I just sold my No4 Mk1 but I'll most likely never sell the No1 Mk3.

Ha... yeah it seems like everyone gets the fever for the MkIII's! My first Enfield was a No. 4 Mk 1/2 that my dad had as a boy and sporterized it. I put way more than it was worth putting her back to original configuration (with help from Brian Dick and Peter Laidlier). Next was a Savage No. 4 Mk 1* with all matching numbers and even a Savage bayonet. Then finally...my No. 1 Mk III! My dream is to someday add a No. 5, then more Mk III's!

Moral being... You'll have more... They multiply!

I have these 2 nice Enfields and not shot either yet.... They sit in boxes for now.... Love them.... to look at ....

IMG_0963.jpg

Back
Top Bottom