edquite when encountering a or riding up on a bike gang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because I am not stupid enough to confront a gang of people who are clearly prone to violence does not mean I have to respect them. Nor does it make me a coward. It makes me rational. Unlike a bunch of thugs keeping people from operating lawfully on the public roadways.

Lets get back to this whole "respect" thing. The man I respected more than any person I have ever known was my grandfather. He was married to the same woman all his adult life. Raised three children who are all successful. Went to church every Sunday in a suit. Never cheated anyone in his life. Probably never broke a law - including speeding laws. Worked every day of his life, including two jobs at once when times were bad. Built and paid for a house for his sisters who never married. Woke me up on Saturday mornings cranking the lawn mower when I lived next to him and he was 101 years old.

That is someone you respect.

The assholes on motorcycles preventing law abiding citizens from using the roadways and threatening them with violence can take their expected "respect" and shove it up their fat, hairy asses.

I'm with you on respect for your grandfather. Sounds like the kind of man we need more of in this ountry today and have too few of.

Freedom and expression...Not trying to be a smart ass but could you elaborate on exactly what it is you are expressing. I thought it was about having fun riding a motorcycle. Nothing more or less.

To the OP, the guys you are referring to are called 1%'ers..They are called that because they are in the smallest penis club. Only 1% of men worldwide can boast the same inadequacies.

Motorcyclists use the word "freedom" to describe the feeling they get when they ride. What you ride, how you ride and what you do to your ride is about expression.

To all the folks who I may have pissed off or offended by what I said in the beginning of this thread and further in to it and been saying how you feel about me and what I said: y'all go ahead and have at it, have fun doing it. I'm a big boy, I can take it. I'm sure I probably could have worded things differently but I didn't and it is what it is, it's not the first time I've pissed people off or said stuff that sounded stupid and sure probably won't be the last time. Probably got on some ignore lists and alienated myself from some folks but that's ok, I don't get my feelings hurt because of other peoples opinions. I was very tired and my back was in a lot of pain and I had taken some pretty strong pain meds, not trying to make excuses, just telling the state of mind I was in at the time. Anyway, the people who know me know I'm not an ahole on purpose most of the time so take it however you want to. Life goes on so I hope everybody has a good day and stays safe, yes, even the ones who think I'm an ahole or whatever. My skin is pretty thick and I've been through too much in my life to be getting into pissing contests with some of y'all. Again, have a good one and carry on folks, looks like tomorrow will be a good day to ride.

To all the folks who I may have pissed off or offended by what I said in the beginning of this thread and further in to it and been saying how you feel about me and what I said: y'all go ahead and have at it, have fun doing it. I'm a big boy, I can take it. I'm sure I probably could have worded things differently but I didn't and it is what it is, it's not the first time I've pissed people off or said stuff that sounded stupid and sure probably won't be the last time. Probably got on some ignore lists and alienated myself from some folks but that's ok, I don't get my feelings hurt because of other peoples opinions. I was very tired and my back was in a lot of pain and I had taken some pretty strong pain meds, not trying to make excuses, just telling the state of mind I was in at the time. Anyway, the people who know me know I'm not an ahole on purpose most of the time so take it however you want to. Life goes on so I hope everybody has a good day and stays safe, yes, even the ones who think I'm an ahole or whatever. My skin is pretty thick and I've been through too much in my life to be getting into pissing contests with some of y'all. Again, have a good one and carry on folks, looks like tomorrow will be a good day to ride.

lots of explaining/rationalizing here. Apparently someone's skin isn't as thick as he would like for us to believe. Poor baby.

I like to check out Harleys and English bikes when I see them. But I give EVERY bike at least two car lengths if I'm behind them. I've never owned a bike but I always figured it would make me real uncomfortable for someone's car/truck to be right up on my ass even stopped at a red light. So I try to give all bikes that courtesy.

I really do appreciate that. If you barely touch that back wheel I'd be on your hood. That's about the only thing that can piss me off when I'm riding, somebody following way too close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom