• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumping EVs, returning to gasoline powered vehicles.

You're dodgier than an Argentinian peso.

Again, the question was: If the EV battery in one of your vehicles died tomorrow, would you replace it?
I believe I already answered it...here it is again...

I love the what ifsss.

I wonder if my dad ever questioned what if the Oldsmobile omega he bought in 1980 was going to last more than 80k miles. And it didn't.

Or if my eldest brother ever asked about his 1979 pinto was gonna last thru college. And it didn't

Or if gas prices would hit $5 a gallon anytime soon.

I guess I'm an optimist when I say I trust the EV engineers than the GM or Ford with a terrible record.

And when the stock hit $113 exactly 1 year ago today, did you buy any? You would have recognized 60% increase

So you neither bought at the peak 3 years ago and you didnt buy at its low last year.

I wrote in 2018 to buy at $400. Im spot on. I just didnt think anyone would argue that was bad advice given the 15-1 split over that time period

T$LA for the win

I shorted it near the peak and filled for a nice profit.

I don't have anything against TSLA. Elon is unicorn-type blend of business/engineering talent and he's got top notch people.

However, if not for social engineering on the part of government, TSLA probably sells a small fraction of the cars and develops over a much longer period of time. Rivian wouldn't exist. Ford, GM, et. al, wouldn't have made massive EV investments. Your TSLA gains (and mine from shorting) wouldn't exist.

The entire climate change narrative is failing. Wind and solar are suffering the same downturn. Charging network plays, too. Trillions in subsidies for green initiatives is just another exercise in government picking winners and losers, which it is traditionally lousy at, and never gets the memo that it should just ****ing stop doing it.

All that said, I'm not implying the tech isn't good. It's just that it has limitations that will take a long time to overcome. I prefer to leave such things to markets and large-scale demographics, rather than people like Al Gore, John Kerry, Ed Markey, and Greta Thunberg.

I believe I already answered it...here it is again...

I love the what ifsss.

I wonder if my dad ever questioned what if the Oldsmobile omega he bought in 1980 was going to last more than 80k miles. And it didn't.

Or if my eldest brother ever asked about his 1979 pinto was gonna last thru college. And it didn't

Or if gas prices would hit $5 a gallon anytime soon.

I guess I'm an optimist when I say I trust the EV engineers than the GM or Ford with a terrible record.

1707165960972.png

I shorted it near the peak and filled for a nice profit.

I don't have anything against TSLA. Elon is unicorn-type blend of business/engineering talent and he's got top notch people.

However, if not for social engineering on the part of government, TSLA probably sells a small fraction of the cars and develops over a much longer period of time. Rivian wouldn't exist. Ford, GM, et. al, wouldn't have made massive EV investments. Your TSLA gains (and mine from shorting) wouldn't exist.

The entire climate change narrative is failing. Wind and solar are suffering the same downturn. Charging network plays, too. Trillions in subsidies for green initiatives is just another exercise in government picking winners and losers, which it is traditionally lousy at, and never gets the memo that it should just ****ing stop doing it.

All that said, I'm not implying the tech isn't good. It's just that it has limitations that will take a long time to overcome. I prefer to leave such things to markets and large-scale demographics, rather than people like Al Gore, John Kerry, Ed Markey, and Greta Thunberg.

No so sure u need to generate it. There is enough already. The issue is physics which can be solved.

When electricity is generated, it must be used or stored. So the dam generator is still generating electricity at night when u sleep. It goes unused.

So u can get a Tesla Powerball and store the electric at night at 4 to 5 cents a kilowatt. And use that during the day when the price of electricity is 12 to 14 cents.

This is exactly the solution. Square peg in square peg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Not sold. Maybe if I lived in the city or populated suburbs but it's just not for me yet. I'm not ignorant when it comes to electric vehicles. We have several in the family. Even a solid solar set up. It's just not there yet for my environment or needs.

I think EV’s have their place in history books, but not on Americas roads and interstates. EVs are NOT the future, they are a Green New Deal scam meant to fleece people out of their hard earned monies.
Dunno, they seem every bit as viable as the steam powered cars of the 1800s and early 1900s.

A coworker was telling me about his 2012ish Chevy Volt woes recently. Battery won't charge and the engine won't run without the battery; so he can't just drive it. Replacement (before labor) was going to be more than the current value. He called a couple of the 3rd party EV shops, they all told him they either won't touch it or they'd do it but didn't recommend doing it unless he just really had an attachment to it and had the $$ to spare. A plug-in EV actually makes sense for him, and he really liked that one; but he decided he wasn't getting another EV.

A coworker was telling me about his 2012ish Chevy Volt woes recently. Battery won't charge and the engine won't run without the battery; so he can't just drive it. Replacement (before labor) was going to be more than the current value. He called a couple of the 3rd party EV shops, they all told him they either won't touch it or they'd do it but didn't recommend doing it unless he just really had an attachment to it and had the $$ to spare. A plug-in EV actually makes sense for him, and he really like that one; but he decided he wasn't getting another EV.
Yep. I have vehicles that are 40yrs old and still running fine. Try that with an EV that has planned obsolescence to be a money pit

Back
Top Bottom