• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drug testing for welfare law in Ga

the people that are making the money they are taking have to take a drug test so what's the problem here??......other than they will have to buy their own dope out of pocket...

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a better idea.
Just do away with welfare.

FTW!!:first:

While I think more should be done to combat fraud, I am getting a little wary of the drug testing craze. IMHO it seems that drug testing does very little to curb the use of drugs.
We support making drug testing mandatory for welfare recipients, yet don't demand it for politicians who are wasting a far greater amount of our money. How about the bankers that received bailout funds? Why didn't anyone DEMAND drug testing for the entire firm including a cocaine test swab in every board room?
I see the Army drug test a lot, maybe it is a good thing overall, but I see more soldiers engage who only want to smoke a little pot end up involved with dangerous drugs for the reason of either "It isn't illegal" like bath salts and 'spice' used to be, or "It's out of my system in 48hrs" like cocaine and prescription drugs. In that manner the drug testing meant to protect is actually causing more harm.

I think every legislator, Senator and Congressman should undergo hair follicle drug testing every two months.. Find the prescription drugs as well as the illegal drugs they are abusing. We need to make sure the guys making laws aren't on drugs, cause some of the laws youd have to be HIGH to think they we good laws..

There should also be stipulations that nobody related to the company's getting the drug testing contracts are related to the legislators voting on this law by blood or marriage..

This law will not save the state one cent, it will cost more than it saves and in the case of FLA, the govs wife owned the drug company that got the contract.. go figure.... It sounds like a good idea but it will not solve our welfare state problem. Its a band-aid on a gunshot wound.

You want folks to stop getting welfare checks make them WORK for the state as long as they get a check. Picking up trash, picking fruit as contract labor to farmers, anything to help our state with sweat and sore muscles.. They will go get a real job with a quickness.. Check in for state work at 6am, get worked like a slave for 8 hours then show up 5 days a week, high as heck if ya want, but no show and no check.. THATs a better idea.

I have have to subject myself to random drug testing in order to work for my money. I see no reason why welfare recepients should not have to do the same to draw theirs.

In the neighborhood I am currently working in there is a well shaded trailer park where able bodied guys living off welfare hang out under the trees,drink, and smoke all day while I toil in the sun nearby.

I have have to subject myself to random drug testing in order to work for my money. I see no reason why welfare recepients should not have to do the same to draw theirs.

In the neighborhood I am currently working in there is a well shaded trailer park where able bodied guys living off welfare hang out under the trees,drink, and smoke all day while I toil in the sun nearby.

Mighty nice of you to provide for them right out where they can see you working for them! You would think they could at least come offer you a beer.

Nicotine!! wtf

this is why I say that testing is out of control. The border between privacy and intrusion has been crossed long ago. I used to think that if drug testing is good enough for some of us, it should be good enough for all of us, but now I don't think we need it. Work performance speaks for itself.
How many of us knew folks who smoked weed at lunch and worked construction all day with no accidents?
It seems that drug testing makes for "Drugs" of any type in someone's system too easy a scape goat to blame all of societies ill upon.
As far as welfare, HogSWAT has the perfect idea! JOBS. There is no shame in earning a living!

Back
Top Bottom