• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't drink and gunsmith......

I did the same thing with one and could not get the mag into the magwell either. I was luck though, it was an aftermarket that had screws instead of pins.

As far as this goes, looks as though you will have to drill it out. I would look into a machine shop first though. They should have a way to get it out.

Why on Earth didn't you just hack the trigger guard in half?

I know it's water under the bridge at this point but you wouldn't have risked any damage to the serialized portion of the rifle...and another trigger guard would have been much less expensive than the mess into which you've now gotten yourself. Best of luck with it, though, seriously.

Also, to all of those "Anybody can put together an AR" guys, remember this thread (not necessarily the OP). Sure, .mil gets their rifles from the lowest bidder, but you might be getting yours from someone not quite so forth coming about how "custom" their rifle may or may not be. Caveat emptor.

Why on Earth didn't you just hack the trigger guard in half?

I know it's water under the bridge at this point but you wouldn't have risked any damage to the serialized portion of the rifle...and another trigger guard would have been much less expensive than the mess into which you've now gotten yourself. Best of luck with it, though, seriously.

Also, to all of those "Anybody can put together an AR" guys, remember this thread (not necessarily the OP). Sure, .mil gets their rifles from the lowest bidder, but you might be getting yours from someone not quite so forth coming about how "custom" their rifle may or may not be. Caveat emptor.

Some won't get it, but I KNOW you will. :becky:
Culture and comedy(?) ...
caveat emptor1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom