• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dog Breeders of pure bred dogs on here?

Sounds like a great dog. We have a shepherd we rescued 5 years ago. Great smart dog but we do not know his history other than what our vet told us. Very abused.Good temperment, protects us from other dogs but has not met a bad person. he loves attention but certain thing makes him cower.We figured these things out and have worked with him to not be afraid of those things anymore.It only took my wife 2 days to have him sit, high five and roll over to play dead.He is about 11 years old best we can tell so he was not spring chicken when we got him. Knew his name and when my wife drove to Augusta to get him, the lady had a fenced back yard . There we many dogs including 7 shepherds.My wife went to fence and said his name even though she did not know which one he was and he came to fence and put his head to her hand. I guess the old saying goes, the pet picks you and not the other way around. I will look into your breed cause They are beautiful and we are talking about what to get next time when our boy moves on. Not that we hope that happens soon. thanks for info.

Last edited:
Man's best friend does not deserve abuse and as long as there are people out there like yourself then they will have a second chance at a loving home. We also have a 14yr old pittbull mix that we adopted from the Brunswick Humane Society. She was 8wks when we brought her home. They said all of the puppies were found in the woods in a cardboard box. When she goes she will be replaced by another Corso.

My Corso is my buddy and she loves to ride up front in my truck and go for walks. I just have to say the "W" word and she pops up and her ears perk up and she is ready to go. Great friends!

Hello, How are you? Did you ever get her health testing done? I would love to know what her scores were. Did you ever get a chance to show her? She is a beauty! She looks like her dad!

My Corso was born 5/24/12 and is now 2yrs 7mos and has grown up to be a beautiful dog. Puppy at 8wks in a basket to her current photo of her at 95lbs and very athletic. Watching around the yard and how she moves is a thing of beauty. My job keeps me too busy to devote time to showing her. We bought a breed quality puppy from her breeder and she is AKC/ICCF registered. Both parents were imports from Italy with champion bloodlines. She has not been bred yet and I am still looking to do so with the right male.

DEA in basket.jpgDEA outdoors.jpgDEA and teddy.jpgDEA 2yrs 7mos 95lbs.jpg

My Corso was born 5/24/12 and is now 2yrs 7mos and has grown up to be a beautiful dog. Puppy at 8wks in a basket to her current photo of her at 95lbs and very athletic. Watching around the yard and how she moves is a thing of beauty. My job keeps me too busy to devote time to showing her. We bought a breed quality puppy from her breeder and she is AKC/ICCF registered. Both parents were imports from Italy with champion bloodlines. She has not been bred yet and I am still looking to do so with the right male.

View attachment 336666View attachment 336667View attachment 336668View attachment 336669

I see she is muscle bound, Is she athletic?

I wonder how her offspring would do as a working dog.

Tracking, hunting, etc...

Size of a Lab, with Mucho Muscle and Grit.

She is very athletic and very fast. I am 6' 2" and she can jump straight up even at my shoulder. She loves to play tug of war and one of her tactics is to go completely limp while clamped on the rope and be drug around. The Corso's are the athletes of the Mastiff family. They are excellent family dogs and want to be next to their people. They are very cautious and watchful of strangers. While growling a deep timber wolf growl she will stomp and snort like a bull ready to charge. But around my family and kids she is a giant baby that only wants affection and is happy to lay at your feet or lean up against you to be pet.

Back
Top Bottom