• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dog Breeders of pure bred dogs on here?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
This is AKC registered Avalanche's Dea De Fuego Di Hurricane Corso. When she turns 18mos we will breed her and our kennel name is Hurricane Corso. She is pure bred Cane Corso from Italian imported Sire and Dam. She is 7 mos and 69lbs and should put on another 30lbs+ when full grown. Gorgeous excellent family dogs and guardians.

Dea 7 mos 2.jpg

Attachments

• Dea 7mos laying down.jpg
    Dea 7mos laying down.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Not yet. Plenty of time to find a quality Stud to breed her with. She has to be 18mos before we will breed her. Her coat is really beautiful in the sun with golden brindle markings deep in her fur. She has an excellent and very stable temperment. From 8wks until today she is a very calm and confident Corso. Corsos like her are very friendly family dogs that want to be close to their people. She loves hugs from my kids and laying on the floor at my feet with her head on my boot or laying up against me. Compared to her buddy my English Bulldog she is even more people loving to her family. Great dogs and I will always have one.

Who did her ears and why did they make them so pointed at the tip like a pitbull??
Also why did they make them so tall???

Also you mention akc but why not ICCF>?>

Did you research why she has such huge white spot?She looks like a pitbull with such white spot

i hate breeders. my wife and i rescue dogs, BUT my favorite breed is the corso. they are strong, robust, majestic and insanely loyal, if i ever buy a dog, it will be a corso. i have worked with lots of corsos in my life and they are all super smart

Why not wait until she's at least 24 mths old and get her hips done and noted with the OFA? It's one of the first things I look for in a large breed/working dog :)

- K9SAR (wife)

My Vet at Integrity animal Hospital did her ears for me and that is the type of cut we wanted. There are others but we liked this style vs something like a bear cut or a high cut like a Doberman which in my opinion and her breeder's opinion do not look good on Corsos. I wanted her AKC because there are not that many people familiar with ICCF and just about everybody knows the AKC. Corsos were just accepted by the AKC in 2010. I purchased her from a Corso breeder with about 14yrs of breeding Corsos (Avalanche Cane Corso) and the white spot is an indication of Corsos with imported Italian Sire and Dam which both of her's are. Here is a link to a photo and info on her Sire Arex http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...&gbv=2&tbm=isch&itbs=1&sa=X&ved=0CC4QrQMwATgo . Dea is very much her Sire's daughter. Avalanche described him as a big lug that loves his family and the Dam is Lucciana and daughter of Giacomo. She is described as very Alpha with high prey drive. Dea definitely takes after her Sire Ares. She is very loving towards everyone in our family and almost cat like when greating us by wrapping her body around our legs and wiggling back and forth. Just great dogs and I would say she is even a better family dog for adults and kids than my English Bulldog.

Photo of Sire Arex

ArexMain2.jpg

Who did her ears and why did they make them so pointed at the tip like a pitbull??
Also why did they make them so tall???

Also you mention akc but why not ICCF>?>

Did you research why she has such huge white spot?She looks like a pitbull with such white spot

Last edited:
We just may wait until 24 months. 18mos is the minimum. She is 11 mos and 83lbs now.

Why not wait until she's at least 24 mths old and get her hips done and noted with the OFA? It's one of the first things I look for in a large breed/working dog :)

- K9SAR (wife)

- K9SAR (wife)

I second getting the hips tested. As stated above that is one of the things I look at when purchasing a working breed. Additionally you might want to consider finding a local Schutzhund club and participating, this will distinguish you from your typical backyard breeder who simply breeds for money, and not furthering the breed.

I recomend you check out Kennels Von Lotta's website, those guys are a prime example of how a kennel should operate. (While they breed German Shepard's much of the info on there is pertinent)
http://www.vonlotta.com/index.html

Back
Top Bottom