• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does this doe still look pregnant?

jwtug

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
Got these pics this morning. Does this doe still look pregnant? If so the rut must have been real late here in Paulding County.

uploadfromtaptalk1406580759190.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1406580779534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406580779534.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I got a pic of a doe that we thought still looked pregnant as well. We also have several pics of spotted fawns. I have read that if does aren't bred they will go back into heat the next month until they are bred. The same article said a small percentage of does are bred months later than the true rut. As late as January or February in some cases.

Apparently late summer births do happen. A doe was hit by a car two weeks near my home and aborted an almost full term fawn. I had no idea that fawns were dropped this late.

Last edited:
I got a pic of a doe that we thought still looked pregnant as well. We also have several pics of spotted fawns. I have read that if does aren't bred they will go back into heat the next month until they are bred. The same article said a small percentage of does are bred months later than the true rut. As late as January or February in some cases.
^^^^This^^^^

there are 2 spoted fawns running with a doe at my house every few days , they have not been around long so there seems to be a lot of late births this year]

I saw a spotted fawn last week hunting with my x-bow. I was going to relieve momma of her duties; but couldn't get the safety off before she busted me. Fawn was spotted all the way to the shoulder and still acted like the little ones do. Momma bolted, and fawn went and bedded down in a small depression a few yards away. Its okay, I got a peak at Dad tonight and he has a monster body (couldn't see his rack). Body is well over the 160# ones I have taken the last couple of years.

I had a spotted fawn and a momma under my stand last week, just cant bring myself to shoot the mamma till the spots are off the fawn. After that it's all bets off.

Back
Top Bottom