• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you have a traditional "savings" account?

Yep, got to buy on credit to have a good score.
All cash all the time will ruin your rating.
We put everything on plastic, don’t use cash at all anymore.
Just don’t misplace that statement and miss paying a month.
Once again...I screwed up my comment....when I said they pay everything in cash....that's not the way they roll, and I didn't state it correctly.....they do use plastic, and pay it off every month....big things(cars/houses/trips)....CASH...and when I say cash, I mean write a check......I need to be more specific....there are differences

Once again...I screwed up my comment....when I said they pay everything in cash....that's not the way they roll, and I didn't state it correctly.....they do use plastic, and pay it off every month....big things(cars/houses/trips)....CASH...and when I say cash, I mean write a check......I need to be more specific....there are differences
I understood what you meant.

What does inflation have to do with what I said? If you want to bring inflation into the equation then a long term investment in the s&p 500 will always outpace inflation whereas an investment in gold will not.
If you're worried about a complete economic collapse to the point that the US dollar is worth nothing then I would invest in land with a clean water supply, guns, ammunition, knowledge of how to survive off grid, heirloom seeds, and whatever else you can think of thats useful. I don't believe that gold and silver will be very valuable in a survival situation.
Land has a serious counter-party risk and can be taxed or legislated away. Gold, held privately outside the reach of the banking system has no counter-party risk. It also has a 6000 year history of being "good money".

Land has a serious counter-party risk and can be taxed or legislated away. Gold, held privately outside the reach of the banking system has no counter-party risk. It also has a 6000 year history of being "good money".
The government can take away your gold just the same as they can take away your land. Look up executive order 6102.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom