• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you have a traditional "savings" account?

from what I read here....I think everyone on the ODT carries no credit card balance, and has an 800+ credit score, and I think that's a good place to be...we here, appear to be the fortunate ones for sure....I guess that is why we are all a bunch of lowballers....we tend to keep hold of our money, and make extremely wise investments!!!

4 Week Treasury Bill Rate is at 5.29%, compared to 5.28% the previous market day and 3.64% last year. This is higher than the long term average of 1.33%. The 4 Week Treasury Bill Rate is the yield received for investing in a US government issued treasury bill that has a maturity of 4 weeks.

What bank has 4.3% money market rate?
I wanted to say something when you said you locked in @ 3% or something. Last I knew, several months ago, First Fifth Bank had a 5% for opening a account. And the money isn't locked in either. Please chime in anyone that has experience with them

from what I read here....I think everyone on the ODT carries no credit card balance, and has an 800+ credit score, and I think that's a good place to be...we here, appear to be the fortunate ones for sure....I guess that is why we are all a bunch of lowballers....we tend to keep hold of our money, and make extremely wise investments!!!
Hold on there. Honestly I doubt even the majority has a credit score that high. That is rare. Secondly, that type of credit score is earned over years of working at it. This may be the majority here, age and life experience usually helps in making good decisions. If you are right about the majorities of this site, either way we're in good company. Which is more difficult to come by as time moves on

As I'm sure, most folks here already have Fidelity accounts, you get 4.99% as of today....

45176-03-ProjectNewtonCHPH_icon.png

Hold on there. Honestly I doubt even the majority has a credit score that high. That is rare. Secondly, that type of credit score is earned over years of working at it. This may be the majority here, age and life experience usually helps in making good decisions. If you are right about the majorities of this site, either way we're in good company. Which is more difficult to come by as time moves on
Well.....I guess I should say that the majority of the folks that "reply" to this thread post that they do not run a balance.....maybe shouldn't have gone as far as saying the ODT....I've not read a poster state that they are running a credit card balance....therefore I assume they are not....and that typically 800+ score is appropriate....HOWEVER I have a friend....there you go....a friend, they do not have guns, and are not part of the ODT, however have well over 1,5mil in the bank, paid for everything, NEVER HAVE run a card balance....and have less that a 700 score....the score doesn't matter to them, they pay cash for everything....just funny sometimes how that works....

Well.....I guess I should say that the majority of the folks that "reply" to this thread post that they do not run a balance.....maybe shouldn't have gone as far as saying the ODT....I've not read a poster state that they are running a credit card balance....therefore I assume they are not....and that typically 800+ score is appropriate....HOWEVER I have a friend....there you go....a friend, they do not have guns, and are not part of the ODT, however have well over 1,5mil in the bank, paid for everything, NEVER HAVE run a card balance....and have less that a 700 score....the score doesn't matter to them, they pay cash for everything....just funny sometimes how that works....
It does, sometimes the rhyme or reason doesn't make sense.

Yep, got to buy on credit to have a good score.
All cash all the time will ruin your rating.
We put everything on plastic, don’t use cash at all anymore.
Just don’t misplace that statement and miss paying a month.

I wanted to say something when you said you locked in @ 3% or something. Last I knew, several months ago, First Fifth Bank had a 5% for opening a account. And the money isn't locked in either. Please chime in anyone that has experience with them
Actually 1st 5th was offering 5.25% last summer.
I've got two maturing...one this month...one in Dec.
Wells Fargo also had 5+% 6 month CDs

a friend, they do not have guns, and are not part of the ODT, however have well over 1,5mil in the bank, paid for everything, NEVER HAVE run a card balance....and have less that a 700 score....the score doesn't matter to them, they pay cash for everything....just funny sometimes how that works

Assets are not a factor in credit scores, length of credit history, payment timeliness and credit utilization are.

If he's never borrowed, credit bureaus have no way of predicting how likely he is to pay it back once he does.

Besides, he doesn't have firearms, that doesn't sound very trustworthy.

Back
Top Bottom