• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Diesel in a gas car

Tough one… I think I would have got an email address of someone and followed up with an email reconfirming the conversation .

You did get pics of all pumps showing they were out of service right?
YES. I wish she did get more information. And a video of the guy checking the refueling ports. I just spoke with the Florida Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services and gave them my information. They said they will send someone out there and was going to send me an email with information to get my funds back

FYI. Just wanted to give a heads up that the gasoline was contaminated with water. The owner of the Chevron spoke with me a little bit ago and told me they will cover ALL expenses involved and returned it me in a timely manner.

I really ecstatic upon hearing that. I'll keep you guys posted

My wife did this to our car by mistake once. I disconnected the fuel line at the fuel rail in the engine bay and used the cars fuel pump to pump the diesel into gas cans once I got as much as I could out I filled the tank as full as possible to dilute any remaining diesel and drove it.
I did this also. You will need a hose to extend to a bucket. You will need to switch the car on and off because the pump will shut off after a few seconds. You can get virtually all the fuel out this way. Filling it back up with gas and flushing out the lines before reconnecting will probably get it back running. I do not thing running on diesel for a short time will damage a gas engine but it is possible.

Had a local salt water guy have it happen to his big offshore boat, gas station had to replace 3 300hp motors. He had the money to sue whatever he needed to sue to get it done but I don't think they fought him much, they new they mixed things up.

On a slightly funnier note, buddy bought his first diesel, brand new F250, out of habit, first fill up ever after using what it came with, he put in gas, didn't make it far. Filed a claim on insurance for the repairs on this brand new truck, about 9k to rebuild it.

On a slightly funnier note, buddy bought his first diesel, brand new F250, out of habit, first fill up ever after using what it came with, he put in gas, didn't make it far. Filed a claim on insurance for the repairs on this brand new truck, about 9k to rebuild it.
Had an old coworker do that once on one of our company trucks, an International 4300 box truck. He'd been driving that truck at the company for YEARs and one day just filled it up with gas not thinking. $10k repair bill...

I manage commercial unattended fuel stations for a living. Over the years I've seen numerous "cross drops". A driver hooks his hose up to the wrong compartment on the truck and drops gas in diesel or vice versa. Most of the time the driver notices and we can shut pumps off and can pump the fuel out and drop fresh in. Sometimes they don't notice or pretend not to and this type of thing happens. We end up fixing cars or trucks, pumping out the fuel tank, and purging contaminated fuel out of the lines. It's a really expensive screw up and totally preventable. We have our own tankers out west and use a mix of our drivers and third party haulers across the country. If it's a third party hauler the eat the cost. If it's our guy we're SOL.

Back
Top Bottom