• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dicks sporting goods, are you serious?

just because we want to help out any body still looking for large amounts of ammo. that doesn't have any

1st Bc i bought a bucket of bullets last month for the appleseed project and none of the other LGS have had large amounts in stock at all or have 3 box limits on the 50 pack @ $6.99 they won't see my money for that ammo like the flippers won't on here.

2. i travel all over north ga daily and go to every gun store i can. usually 6-12 different gun stores a week. not just for me but to tell all my ODT brethren of deals along the way

3. although i didn't post it i did go pick a bucket up today to go ship to a guy in S. georgia at my hunting property bc its still non existent down there and the 10/22 he got his daughter for xmas still has not been once and thats a travesty so i'm Helping out when i can.

4. We know they did us all wrong and spit on the 2A by limiting some guns over a scare i personally used to spend over $1,200+ a year there until that happened, and now i have bought 2 buckets so thats $150 in 3 years so maybe $15-$20 profit from me you think that hurts them I'm doing my best as opposed to the hundreds they used to make off of me

5 some of those posting might be new to firearm ownership in general and not know the story behind Dicks, Troy Ind, or the NFL..!!!! so teach them instead of getting on to them

I was Baptized, I own a Bible, I Believe in God, but i Haven't been to church in 10 years..... just something else to JUDGE me on
Thanks hope you have a great day
Sincerely
DEREK

p.s. thanks for protesting the store so i could buy/send ammo to a girl that really needs some

just because we want to help out any body still looking for large amounts of ammo. that doesn't have any

1st Bc i bought a bucket of bullets last month for the appleseed project and none of the other LGS have had large amounts in stock at all or have 3 box limits on the 50 pack @ $6.99 they won't see my money for that ammo like the flippers won't on here.

2. i travel all over north ga daily and go to every gun store i can. usually 6-12 different gun stores a week. not just for me but to tell all my ODT brethren of deals along the way

3. although i didn't post it i did go pick a bucket up today to go ship to a guy in S. georgia at my hunting property bc its still non existent down there and the 10/22 he got his daughter for xmas still has not been once and thats a travesty so i'm Helping out when i can.

4. We know they did us all wrong and spit on the 2A by limiting some guns over a scare i personally used to spend over $1,200+ a year there until that happened, and now i have bought 2 buckets so thats $150 in 3 years so maybe $15-$20 profit from me you think that hurts them I'm doing my best as opposed to the hundreds they used to make off of me

5 some of those posting might be new to firearm ownership in general and not know the story behind Dicks, Troy Ind, or the NFL..!!!! so teach them instead of getting on to them

I was Baptized, I own a Bible, I Believe in God, but i Haven't been to church in 10 years..... just something else to JUDGE me on
Thanks hope you have a great day
Sincerely
DEREK

p.s. thanks for protesting the store so i could buy/send ammo to a girl that really needs some

Vanny don't come round no more, your safe

Didn't academy and CTD take AR'S off shelf right after sandy hook as well? I know they put em back on the shelf, but still pretty sorry.

You kids should chill about Dick's.

service Merchandise used to sell guns. Ace Hardware used to sell guns. KMart used to sell guns. WalMart used to sell hand guns, and now only sells long guns, and some, no guns. You used to be allowed to buy guns in small off the wall stores because federal permits were mandated. In other words, you could not deny anyone the ability to sell and trade guns unless they had a federal conviction. Buying and selling guns is still a common thing at North GA flea markets amongst individuals. BUying and selling guns at federally licensed gun shows is still legal and encouraged by the promoters.

Just be sensible. If you sell a gun to a criminal and he uses it, YOU are going to get the hammer. Wrong or right, YOU will get the hammer and the record for selling to a convict or to prospective criminal. Better to make your buyer pay $5 for a criminal background check than have the FBI an ATF squat you in a corner for 15 hours and question every aspect of our life.

Why the **** are so many people posting for that **** hole of a store? You are part of the problem when it comes to gun rights getting taken away. Why in the hell would you support a store that ****ed over so many gun owners? Did you not get the memo when they took all the AR's off their shelves?
Seriously you should go ahead and sign up for moms demand action if you are going to patronize turn coat retailers who obviously do not support your constitutional rights.

Yeah!!!!!!

They pussed out, lost their nerve, and apparently have a very low tolerance for risk.

That is a far cry from being anti second amendment and trying to take away our rights.

Are they lobbying Washington? Are they writing letters and holding demonstrations? Do they have "dicks against guns" bumper stickers they are handing out?

No, they simply threw in the towel when the chips were down. I wasn't in the board room and don't know why.

I can dig it. I don't go in there ever. I went in the one in Macon in 04 looking for boots. They were mighty damn proud of their boots. I never went back. Don't even look at their ads in the Sunday paper. To me Dick's has always been as expensive and out of touch as Bass Pro. And they actually closed the store in west Macon which was the only one anywhere near Peach/Houston Co. I don't wanna look like an Academy Sports fanboy but I can get anything I need between them and the local gun shops. I still have a 555 round box of Federal 22 from about 2009. So 22 is not all that important to me. Right now I'm more pissed off about paying $16.00 for 20 rounds of 223. I picked the worst possible time to finish an AR.

But yeah put me down in the **** Dick's column.

Back
Top Bottom