• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Debit cards !^&*%$%^$##@@!@@@!!!!!!

I think it would have to be at the airport location and the Coppers should be able to get surveillance footage.

View attachment 2923155
Just got through to them. And though English was a second language, I "think" she understood and checked it and said it wasn't them. I believe the perimeter north is the last one (awaiting call back). He's going to eat this I'm afraid.

Try this. When I received my ATM card from State Bank, it immediately was hit for something like $1,600 from Eddie Bauer for "luggage." The issuer couldn't do anything until I had a police report. Eddie Bauer online catalog are crooks and I'm convinced complicit in the theft since they couldn't or wouldn't tell me to what address I had "my" luggage shipped. Scumbags.
I won't go through all the details but we caught an employee conducting credit card theft at work. Tens of thousands of dollars. Had her dead to rights. Handed all info over to police on a silver platter. They did exactly ZERO. The icing on the cake was she used us for a job reference. :lol:

I won't go through all the details but we caught an employee conducting credit card theft at work. Tens of thousands of dollars. Had her dead to rights. Handed all info over to police on a silver platter. They did exactly ZERO. The icing on the cake was she used us for a job reference. :lol:
They have much more important work to do. A lot of speeding going on out there.....

Just to clear something up, you don't actually have a debit card, You have a pre pay card actually.

My bank when using my debit card clear things up rather quickly if and or when it gets stolen.

And so does my Credit card company, with the 1 credit card I have on the very rare occasion I use it.

Thank God for USAA and Navy Federal. I've had my card compromised a number of time and a number of times I've used it too and it was an automatic fraud alert. I'm sure other banks do it too but If it's an option for you to go with USAA or NFCU DO IT.

Try this. When I received my ATM card from State Bank, it immediately was hit for something like $1,600 from Eddie Bauer for "luggage." The issuer couldn't do anything until I had a police report. Eddie Bauer online catalog are crooks and I'm convinced complicit in the theft since they couldn't or wouldn't tell me to what address I had "my" luggage shipped. Scumbags.
Same thing happened but with my Robins FCU debit card. They hit me for $600 at a Footlocker in ATL. Had to get good old Bibb Co to write me up a report for the bank to put the money back in my account. Funny thing is, it was the bank's fraud department that called and notified me of the purchase, which I told them wasn't me because I was in Macon at the time. Still had to have the report.

I've only had it happen twice (apparently I charged $1,000 to a Disc Jockey service in NYC once and a few bucks to some restaurant in China :lol) and Discover called before I even knew about it.
I have no problem using credit cards. I'll never use a debit card. There is zero reason to give anyone immediate access to your funds.

Just to clear something up, you don't actually have a debit card, You have a pre pay card actually.
True but there is no practical difference. Your debit card is secured by your bank balance and a 'prepaid debit card' is secured by however much you put up. And it literally says "Debit Card" on it.

I've only had it happen twice (apparently I charged $1,000 to a Disc Jockey service in NYC once and a few bucks to some restaurant in China :lol) and Discover called before I even knew about it.
I have no problem using credit cards. I'll never use a debit card. There is zero reason to give anyone immediate access to your funds.
After my last debit card compromise, this is exactly what my wife and I do now. We just pay off our balance every month, and earn points while we're at it.

True but there is no practical difference. Your debit card is secured by your bank balance and a 'prepaid debit card' is secured by however much you put up. And it literally says "Debit Card" on it.

Not 100% correct, my debit card is financed thru my bank balance and secured by my bank.

A pre-paid card is financed by the amount put on it and secured by the company that actives and controls it. Hint- It's not actually VISA or Mastercard

The practical difference is who do you call when you have an issue or fraud alert. I call my bank and it gets cleared right up. I had a charge at Home Depot in the South Atlanta for several $1000's of dollars, when I actually used it north of Atlanta at the same time. My bank called me, and the money was never given to HD, it was charged as fraud. I never lost a penny.

That's the practical difference.

Back
Top Bottom