• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Deadly force for thieves?

Generally, the law values life over property. While you may not be criminally culpable in Texas, you could be held civilly liable for wrongful death (i.e.-OJ Simpson still found civilly liable for his wife's death because of a different standard of proof from criminal cases). Just food for thought.

Last edited:
The "what if it were your kid" argument is weak.

Yep. If we went by that rule, we wouldn't have a need for prisons because everyone would get just a slap in the wrist. How many pieces of **** do you think actually have parents that realize it (or care)? If you don't want something to happen to your kid, teach them how to avoid it themselves. In this case, teach them when they are young that you can't steal another kid's toys, and when they are old they won't break into someone's house and steal their TV. These people don't go from upstanding citizen to breaking and entering overnight. It takes a lot of building up to that point where they maybe steal a kid's toy at school, then they steal the money out of someone's wallet they left unattended, then they shoplift from the convenient store, then they steal a bike from the yard, and THEN they work up the courage to actually break into someone's house. All the while, their parent/guardian simply stands by and does nothing to intervene.

With that said, I don't necessarily support the right to kill someone for stealing your stuff. If they're in your house, sure, but someone stealing something from your yard, IMO, doesn't deserve death. Do they deserve a much more harsh punishment then what our penal system gives them? Absolutely. Instant death? Nah. Maybe just tase him, tie him up and let into him with a paintball gun haha.

Generally, the law values life over property.

^^^^^simply put. And 100% correct. "Ownership" is not an excuse for.murder. And it shouldn't be.

Btw - if you think its your house, pay it off and stop paying property taxes. You will quickly find out the county owns "your" house.

Last edited:
If your 17 year old son got on meth and was shot while stealing scrap metal from someones yard...

Would you congratulate the shooter?
Hell I would shoot my kid if he did that ****

- - - Updated - - -

If your 17 year old son got on meth and was shot while stealing scrap metal from someones yard...

Would you congratulate the shooter?
Hell I would shoot my kid if he did that ****

^^^^^simply put. And 100% correct. "Ownership" is not an excuse for.murder. And it shouldn't be.

Btw - if you think its your house, pay it off and stop paying property taxes. You will quickly find out the county owns "your" house.

A man should be able to protect what is his, but I am not advocating for vengeance killing. How about a guy who works for a living? Should he be prevented from using deadly force to keep some crackhead from stealing his tools? He uses those tools to keep food on the table for his family and some waste of flesh is trying to take them to sell for crack. What is the moral argument against lighting up the dirtbag?

Those tools may just be stuff to you but to him they are the roof over his kids' heads.

A man should be able to protect what is his, but I am not advocating for vengeance killing. How about a guy who works for a living? Should he be prevented from using deadly force to keep some crackhead from stealing his tools? He uses those tools to keep food on the table for his family and some waste of flesh is trying to take them to sell for crack. What is the moral argument against lighting up the dirtbag?

Those tools may just be stuff to you but to him they are the roof over his kids' heads.

You can do whatever.you want because you are so.proud of how hard.you work.

I just hope.you don't get KY when you go to jail. I hope they do you dry.

You can do whatever.you want because you are so.proud of how hard.you work.

I just hope.you don't get KY when you go to jail. I hope they do you dry.

It's not about being proud, hoss. It's about protecting what is your's and your family's well being. Are you incapable of answering the questions I posted?

Back
Top Bottom