• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Deadly force for thieves?

I caught someone trying to steal from me the other day, I saw my stuff in his car after I had worked on his car for about 30 mins.I walked away one time for 2 mins and that crackhead helped himself. I made it plain and simple when i stepped out that he had my stuff in his car and he tried to act like it was his. I simply said are you gona have to get shot over these tools. He looked like he wanted to go around or two till he figured out there were firearms present. Never the less I got my stuff back.

In my story he was a clean cut white crack head who smelled of beer when I was working on his car. I smelled him only after I steped away for 2 mins.

Last edited:
I went out to my truck today after work (in downtown Atlanta) and my truck had been broken into. They stole my radio and speakers. Obviously not a redneck. I know this because they left 7 Monster Jam tickets in the truck. I was so mad. I felt totally violated. They caused about $800 worth of damage. If I would have had the chance, I would have put 2 in the chest and one in the head. I wouldn't have even thought twice. They didn't when they were stealing my stuff.

Last edited:
From what I heard if a guy breaks into a house and the owner fills threatened you have the right to shot but they have to be 5foot from them and if they turn there back you can not shoot

I think one of the main problems with people have with giving citizens power like this is that many of us trust that WE would know where to draw the line and many also don't trust others to do the same.

The distrust of law enforcement is the same. If you deal with a few bad ones you tend to be mistrustful of all of them. After a few trips to the range, I would be worried if one of them was my neighbor....afraid I might get shot while walking my dog at night.

It creates a really big grey area that works well with responsible/well trained gun owners but could go horribly wrong. Tough call for me and I generally really like the way Texas laws are currently.

This is not the case at all and besides "dead men tell no tales."

My personal favorite. "Officer, I felt threatened for my life and the safety of my family. I think I need to go to the Hospital" then shut up....You will have plenty of time to discuss your "Tale" with your attorney who should meet you at the hospital.

I went out to my truck today after work (in downtown Atlanta) and my truck had been broken into. They stole my radio and speakers. Obviously not a redneck. I know this because they left 7 Monster Jam tickets in the truck. I was so mad. I felt totally violated. They caused about $800 worth of damage. If I would have had the chance, I would have put 2 in the chest and one in the head. I wouldn't have even thought twice. They didn't when they were stealing my stuff.

For stealing $800 dollars worth of stuff? Wow, that is really screwed up. Much like most of the posts in this thread. Sick

Back
Top Bottom