• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

DC Family Vacation

Lots of homeless/crackheads to avoid!

Just ignore them and they go away.

It is annoying not having a CCW but a good knife will make you feel a little better - just be aware of metal detectors at the gov builds / museums.

Washington National Cathedral is pretty neat. It's not within walking distance if my memory serves me right. It's been about 20 years since I've been there

In for this.
My son is 8 and would bring his buddies (6 and 8) to make it more interesting.
This is on the bucket list for summer 2020.

Kinda scared of the DC ghetto and not having a CCW.
I am too, but to mitigate that. We are staying in Arlington, VA and commuting via public transportation.

So the kids are finally of that age where a trip to our nation's capital will leave a lasting impression. So besides the crowd for the city's Independence day celebration. We're looking forward to seeing the national parade. As well as the White house, Capital building, Smithsonian (American History; Air and Space), Pentagon's 9/11 memorial, Arlington cemetery, and the Bureau of Printing and Engraving. So what else is there to see or do that might not be the most popular destination?
The National Firearms Museum...sweet!

Young kids do know about Lincoln being shot, Ford's Theatre is a must, you can even see the peep hole Booth carved in the door to keep an eye on the POTUS before shooting. And when you see how far he had to jump to the stage, its a wonder he didn't break both legs. Vietnam Memorial is a must see too. I got 5 friends "engraved" there.

I took my boys there about 25 years ago, stayed in a dicey area downtown because I had some room discounts. Gun fire all night, and drug deals in the alley below our window.

Back
Top Bottom