• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cycling

I used to do a lot of road biking and mtn biking when I lived in California but haven't done much since moving back to Atlanta. This is such a bike UN-friendly town. I know far too many people that have been hit by cars here. Any suggestions on where to go (both road and mtn) around here would be awesome...preferably not too far of a drive from downtown ATL.

I have a road bike but really just use it as a work out for mountain biking.
There's a good amount of in/near town group rides. Hook up with your LBS. I know Outback Bikes, and Atlanta Cycling host group rides. Once you start looking for the road markings you'll see a lot of routes from in-town, up into buckhead and vinings area.

You also have the Silver Comet trail which runs from S.Cobb Dr in Smyrna all the way into Alabama. Great to get a road ride in and not worry about any traffic.

The closest places to downtown to MTB is going to be Big Creek in Roswell or The Chattahoochee Rec Area (285/75) junction. For 1hr drive you get Blankets Creek and Chicopee Woods.
For the weekends we have some of the best East coast riding within a few hours- Elijay Pinhoti Trail System, Bear Creek, Bull Mountain. My favorites are the Tanasi Trail System just over the TN border and Tsali in NC. Most of these have campgrounds and are great ways to spend a weekend!

NWS,
Are there specific places in N Ga to mountain bike? I come from a four wheeling background, and you can't do that just anywhere :D

Berry College has 40 to 50 miles of fire road and single track. Check it out if you are in the Rome area.

But I am a roadie, I hit the ground to much on my MTB. lol I ride a lot and as fast as I can :cool:

Last edited:
I used to ride some trails around Yellow River, 3 times a week before I got married & divorced. I need to start up again. I'm too fat now. : (

They did a whole bunch of work at Yellow River a few years back. Good ride if your on that side of town.
Oh, The Horse Park if you're on the South Side (of ATL) is awesome. Exposed granite sections and some good climbs!
There's another place down South... off 75, can't think of the name right now... Dauset?

Back
Top Bottom