• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Conspiracy Apology: Rolling Stone Mag

Would you like to see all the articles that discredited splitting the atom?

Are you comparing this Japanese monkey study to the actual devise which devastated Japan in 1945?

I believe the human mind has more power than we think.

Undoubtedly. When our brain evolved, it was tasked only with basic survival of the species...and that same brain, virtually unchanged over the last many thousands of years, has given us spaceflight and the ability to eradicate disease. Who knows what else it's capable of doing?

And I also agree with Spiderman.

And you have this power, so naturally, you have the corresponding responsibility?

There have been numerous "golden ages" from various civilizations throughout history. But you said that "mankind has gone down the ****ter since Origin was written"...so in the last 150 years or so, mankind as a whole has been in trouble, whereas previously this had not been the case, apparently. So if Darwin signaled the downfall of mankind, before him, surely everything was wonderful? No wars, no famine, no oppression of the weak, etc?

Anyway, so your example...the early pharaohs...when was that, like 6000 years ago? Let's say 5000 years...so from 3000 BCE to 1859...what was the state of the world? Can you give me specific examples of how things were worse in 1860 than they were in 1858?

Let's use 1866, the beginning of Reconstruction. Who was given control over all land parcels? Before this you could still homestead. Now who's in charge?

Are you comparing this Japanese monkey study to the actual devise which devastated Japan in 1945?

Undoubtedly. When our brain evolved, it was tasked only with basic survival of the species...and that same brain, virtually unchanged over the last many thousands of years, has given us spaceflight and the ability to eradicate disease. Who knows what else it's capable of doing?

And you have this power, so naturally, you have the corresponding responsibility?

If that is what you got out of my comment I can see why some avoid you. please don't take offense but you sound like you are not being genuine with your question.

Let's use 1866, the beginning of Reconstruction. Who was given control over all land parcels? Before this you could still homestead. Now who's in charge?

Ok, Reconstruction happened in 1866 and ok, the government took control over the land or whatever. That was probably a bad event from early in American history. How are you tying that to Darwin's book? Has no other government in the 5000 years prior to this, going back to your pharaoh's golden age, done anything like this?

If you're just going to make arguments about bad things happening after Origins of the Species was published, you'll get no dissension from me. I'm trying to figure out how you think this particular book is tied to these bad things, specifically. Also, you'd have to show that nothing like these bad things happened before that book was published.

If that is what you got out of my comment I can see why some avoid you. please don't take offense but you sound like you are not being genuine with your question.

I understood your comment. Yes, there will always be someone out there that will be skeptical of every claim ever made, but that doesn't mean that some of those claims aren't valid. What I'm saying is that your gave a poor example to illustrate your point. This "hundredth monkey effect" is hardly on the same level as splitting the atom, scientifically speaking. The fact that they both happened to be associated with Japan was just a happy coincidence that I thought I'd point out :thumb:

Ok, Reconstruction happened in 1866 and ok, the government took control over the land or whatever. That was probably a bad event from early in American history. How are you tying that to Darwin's book? Has no other government in the 5000 years prior to this, going back to your pharaoh's golden age, done anything like this?

If you're just going to make arguments about bad things happening after Origins of the Species was published, you'll get no dissension from me. I'm trying to figure out how you think this particular book is tied to these bad things, specifically. Also, you'd have to show that nothing like these bad things happened before that book was published.

This "Country" was founded on a certain number of principles. Since that book has come out the erosion of those principles is painfully evident. Can I show a direct correlation? Nope. But I think it is something to consider.

- - - Updated - - -

I understood your comment. Yes, there will always be someone out there that will be skeptical of every claim ever made, but that doesn't mean that some of those claims aren't valid. What I'm saying is that your gave a poor example to illustrate your point. This "hundredth monkey effect" is hardly on the same level as splitting the atom, scientifically speaking. The fact that they both happened to be associated with Japan was just a happy coincidence that I thought I'd point out :thumb:

I didn't even get that but it is a keen observation.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to eat chili now

Let me help you out for a minute, ok? I happen to believe that one of the worst events in human history was the rise of Communism. That political philosophy did as much or more to contribute to human suffering than just about any other single movement in all of recorded history. I think only the Mongols or the Black Death come close to the body count, to say nothing of the crushing of the human spirit and the after effects it's having even after the fall of the Soviet Union, etc.

Would you agree with this statement? At least more or less?

Let me help you out for a minute, ok? I happen to believe that one of the worst events in human history was the rise of Communism. That political philosophy did as much or more to contribute to human suffering than just about any other single movement in all of recorded history. I think only the Mongols or the Black Death come close to the body count, to say nothing of the crushing of the human spirit and the after effects it's having even after the fall of the Soviet Union, etc.

Would you agree with this statement? At least more or less?

More or less and Marx and Engels said on numerous occasions that Origin was a turning point for them.

Last edited:
I think this threat is completely derailed.

Have fun everyone. It's a beautiful day... maybe go spend it with your families.

Everyone has yet to realize that the Darwin emblem on the back of Dunkle's car has officially swallowed the Jesus fish and thus the debate has been completely resolved.

Back
Top Bottom