Concealed Carry laws in Georgia...

I trust CQB27 CQB27 's information on legal matters. I don't trust him not to shoot my dog though.
So far the only animals I have shot on duty have been a few wounded deer. I did beat a possum to death with as ASP baton once.....but he asked for it. But your dog? Well, I haven’t met your dog....yet. :bolt:

Wrong as can be. That's the kind of inter-web "advice" that gets someone other than the "adviser" thrown in jail.

Ley us know how that works out for you.

No GWCL required to carry a long gun in GA unless you're a prohibited person. You're mistaken.

I'm not sure I can predict exactly how this thread is going to go, but I do know that I don't want to miss it!

16-11-137 states that a person can't be detained for the sole purpose of investigating whether or not a person has a valid carry license. That means that a person can't be seized/stopped for that sole purpose. In other words, if I, as a deputy, see you walking down a sidewalk with a pistol in a holster on your hip, I can't stop and detain you for the sole purpose of investigating your license status.

16-11-137 does not apply if you have been stopped for an otherwise lawful reason.

16-11-137 does not prohibit an officer from ASKING you about your license status. Merely asking is not a detention. I could walk up to you and say, "I see that you are carrying a pistol. Do you have a GA Weapons Carry License?" That's different that ordering you to stop.

16-11-137 prohibits a Tier Two encounter. It does not prohibit a Tier One encounter.

Anyone who tells you anything other than the above is ignorant or a liar.

Possibly the question would be; is that an argument you want to have at the side of the road ? I suspect if they run your license it'll pop up anyway.

Negative. There is no database of GWCL holders in GA. Such a database is prohibited by state law. A driver's license query in GA does not show whether or not a person has a GWCL.

A cop can say anything he wants to you, even lie. However, if YOU lie to a cop, you broke the law.

Please cite the GA code section that makes the simple act of lying to a cop a criminal offense in and of itself.

16-11-137 states that a person can't be detained for the sole purpose of investigating whether or not a person has a valid carry license. That means that a person can't be seized/stopped for that sole purpose. In other words, if I, as a deputy, see you walking down a sidewalk with a pistol in a holster on your hip, I can't stop and detain you for the sole purpose of investigating your license status.

16-11-137 does not apply if you have been stopped for an otherwise lawful reason.

16-11-137 does not prohibit an officer from ASKING you about your license status. Merely asking is not a detention. I could walk up to you and say, "I see that you are carrying a pistol. Do you have a GA Weapons Carry License?" That's different that ordering you to stop.

16-11-137 prohibits a Tier Two encounter. It does not prohibit a Tier One encounter.

Negative. There is no database of GWCL holders in GA. Such a database is prohibited by state law. A driver's license query in GA does not show whether or not a person has a GWCL.

Please cite the GA code section that makes the simple act of lying to a cop a criminal offense in and of itself.

Isn't that what the LEOs claim as obstruction of justice, or interfering/hindering with an investigation?
If these are not valid charges, then why do cops throw it out there? Could it be to gain respect for their authority?

If a cop tells you to put your hands up and you don't do it you can be shot multiple times.
Not under arrest, and may or may not have even broken any laws, but it's claimed off as resisting arrest, which is about the only law you can break and receive the death penalty via firing squad.

Anyone see the OP?
Probably busy reading through all the love letters some of you all have sent.

Probably seen enough and wised up and disappeared ! Not that I blame her. This really went off the rails but VERY entertaining !
I hope it wasn’t the half dozen naked selfies I PMed her that scared her away.

I thought they were very artistic and tastefully done.

Back
Top Bottom