• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concealed Carry in Putnam County TN Theater News

Offroadtek

Default rank <750 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
42   0
Reaction score
Last edited:
signs have force of law in TN but also have certain requirements for posting.

From what I can tell, the police could have arrested them despite the signs "not being large enough"

I think they covered for the armed patrons. good for them

Last edited:
also a must inform state. Hopefully everyone armed stood up. I personally would have started applauding

Unless something has changed very recently, such as in the last few days, Tennessee is not a "must inform" state. It has never been as far as I know. I have been in and out of TN for the last 50 years.

Do you have info I might have missed?

Thanks,

Jerry

39-17-1351
(n) (1) Except as provided in subdivision (n)(2), a permit issued pursuant to this section shall be good for four (4) years and shall entitle the permit holder to carry any handgun or handguns that the permit holder legally owns or possesses. The permit holder shall have the permit in the holder's immediate possession at all times when carrying a handgun and shall display the permit on demand of a law enforcement officer.

That is the code section I found, that appears to be current. It requires showing a permit if asked. It is not the same as "must inform".

Thanks,

Jerry

I wouldn't have regardless if it was an inform state or not....to many uneasy people about the whole theatre stuff right now. I'm taking my girl to see the batman movie this weekend and you can bet your ass I'm going to be carrying like I always do.

Back
Top Bottom