Combat knife

Kabar, the EK knives made by Kabar, essee, cold steel fixed blades, gerber LMF, Boker applegate fairbairn, spartan blades. It really depends on your budget, I could put you in contact with some custom knife makers.

Reactions: clp
Always been a fan of the Gerber MK II (or any Fairbairn Sykes knife). But if I have to resort to knife, I've made a serious mistake somewhere. I don't operate.

View attachment 2149922

I got one of these I bought in 1995. Had it hooked to my bag with my repelling gear in it. Great knife, still going strong.

I stuck an esee5 in mine.
20201025_165059.jpg

I also bought 2 glock model 81 (also called FM-81) field knives.
Numerous YouTube video reviews and torture tests showed them to be tough.
The blades are said to be spring steel, hard but flexible. Not rustproof, though. I wipe my blades down with a squirt of WD40 after handling them.
I got two of them, for use as throwing knives. I've thrown them a few thousand times, and at least a few hundred times they hit the target wrong and bounced off, sometimes landing at high speed among rocks, other tree trunks, in the dirt, or the concrete driveway. Also a gravel driveway.
The knives have hit each other too, when knife #1 sticks in the target and then knife #2 comes next and strikes it. The blades are nicked and scratched, and so are the polymer handles, but nothing is cracked or broken.

They're only $30 for the black models. If you want green or desert tan, then figure $35 each.
Free shipping, too, with Amazon Prime.

I have accumulated 4 of them over the years. They are decent knives for the price, but you do "takes your chances" with out-of-the-box sharpness.

2 were sharp as I expected, 1 was decently sharp, and the last one i ordered was dull as hell :)

Reactions: clp
Back
Top Bottom