• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Combat knife

Kabar, the EK knives made by Kabar, essee, cold steel fixed blades, gerber LMF, Boker applegate fairbairn, spartan blades. It really depends on your budget, I could put you in contact with some custom knife makers.

Reactions: clp
Always been a fan of the Gerber MK II (or any Fairbairn Sykes knife). But if I have to resort to knife, I've made a serious mistake somewhere. I don't operate.

View attachment 2149922

I got one of these I bought in 1995. Had it hooked to my bag with my repelling gear in it. Great knife, still going strong.

I stuck an esee5 in mine.
20201025_165059.jpg

I also bought 2 glock model 81 (also called FM-81) field knives.
Numerous YouTube video reviews and torture tests showed them to be tough.
The blades are said to be spring steel, hard but flexible. Not rustproof, though. I wipe my blades down with a squirt of WD40 after handling them.
I got two of them, for use as throwing knives. I've thrown them a few thousand times, and at least a few hundred times they hit the target wrong and bounced off, sometimes landing at high speed among rocks, other tree trunks, in the dirt, or the concrete driveway. Also a gravel driveway.
The knives have hit each other too, when knife #1 sticks in the target and then knife #2 comes next and strikes it. The blades are nicked and scratched, and so are the polymer handles, but nothing is cracked or broken.

They're only $30 for the black models. If you want green or desert tan, then figure $35 each.
Free shipping, too, with Amazon Prime.

I have accumulated 4 of them over the years. They are decent knives for the price, but you do "takes your chances" with out-of-the-box sharpness.

2 were sharp as I expected, 1 was decently sharp, and the last one i ordered was dull as hell :)

Reactions: clp
Back
Top Bottom