• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colts bad QC

Thanks, when I saw the $899 quote above I was like :cheer2: but then nothing under $2000 here or on gunbroker so I was :Cry:

Call Cherokee Gun and Pawn.

Screenshot_20201003-111032_Facebook.jpg

I’m not buying a new Python anytime soon. For an extra grand, I’ll take an old school python all day. At $1699, I would take a S&W performance center revolver for the win and less $.

The original issue with the pitting and such was definitely a problem, but it sounds like Colt made it right.

Also, I'm sure FedEx did have instructions to get a signature, but they don't do that these days. They just hand it to an adult. Same for UPS and USPS. I'll bet that if no one was home they would have left a tag on your door, not the gun. And honestly, why would the FedEx driver even know it was a gun?

As for the replacement, slightly uneven lands are hardly an issue on what is a mid-range revolver these days. Look at any Smith or Ruger in that price range and you'll see manufacturing shortcuts. Revolvers are really, really expensive to make compared to polymer guns and no company makes them to 100% perfect these days for $900.

I just got my new Python out to the range and honestly, if you want the kind of fit and finish on a revolver that the OP is looking for, that's the price range you will be in. Python, Smith Pro or Ruger Pro Shop guns... All well over $1500.

How many hundreds of dollars do peoples put in Colt 1911's as soon as they git them?Wilson combat parts or some other company so they will compete with the fiiner 1911's.WTF

Not one red cent. My Colts do just fine out of the box.

If I were to "compete" with my guns, I would by a competition model.

Yup, the days of having to hand a brand new, in the box 1911 to a gunsmith before you even shot it are over.

These days pretty much any major brand 1911 will simply work, and you can buy as many or as few features as you want, and your checkbook can handle.

Back
Top Bottom