• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Colt ar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisher7

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
3   0
Reaction score
Got a shot at a Colt Ar -15 p1.. Ser numbers show it to be a 1978 model sporter. It has a colt scope 3x20. 3 30 rounds mags and one 20 round. any ideas what it might be worth??
I have known the owner for 15 or so years so I want to be fair about the priceI offer. Plus She is a preacher.
Thanks

Last edited:
Look on Gunbroker previous sales for past 2 weeks, check the photos for comparison of condition and final bid price. Personally, the AR market is bottoming out and prices are at 2010-11 levels, which means police trade-in SP1's at Clyde Armory were selling $650 and if the scope is original Colt made in Japan then another $150. Add $100 if she has original green label box with matching serial numbers. Unfortunately, Gunbroker says they are still selling for more though.

Look on Gunbroker previous sales for past 2 weeks, check the photos for comparison of condition and final bid price. Personally, the AR market is bottoming out and prices are at 2010-11 levels, which means police trade-in SP1's at Clyde Armory were selling $650 and if the scope is original Colt made in Japan then another $150. Add $100 if she has original green label box with matching serial numbers. Unfortunately, Gunbroker says they are still selling for more though.

I can buy a Colt Sp1 Police Trade In at Clyde's right now for $650?

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search.aspx?T=colt sp1

Last edited:
It appears to me that you are saying a Colt SP1 should sell for $650. ?

PS: But I am easily confused.

Besides suggesting the OP use GunBrowker sales as a guide, I originally stated 2 facts as I see them..

1) the current AR prices are low and comparable to 18-months prior to Sandy Hook.

2) during the 18-months prior to Sandy Hook, Clyde Armory sold police trade in Colt SP's as low as $650 (and SP Carbines $750).

My common sense say that Colt SP prices are due to come down some.

I will not buy Colt SP's at 1100-1200, me thinks Scott won't either. Obviously, some ppl still are, via Gunbrowker's sales.

Thanks guys as always you are a wealth of knowledge and a heck of a lot more fun than Google. She needs the $ for her property Taxes so I think I’ll go at 1000.
Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom