• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Collapsible Baton

I have a 21" Smith and Wesson my wife got me for Christmas a few years ago from Academy. I haven't had to use it on a human but I have had to whack a big ass bulldog that was about to jump in Lester, my wife's Jack Russell. Yes, they are effective. And if you get one like mine from Academy they're under $30.00.
One of the original companies was called ASP. They make a quality product at a higher price. But they also have people that train law enforcement and security people to properly use their batons. On top of that they have a legal department to defend ASP certified agencies that have to use their batons. That goes a long way. Think of it like this. If a cop uses an ASP it's a civil matter at best. If YOU use one incorrectly it could be an aggravated assault charge.

I have a 21" Smith and Wesson my wife got me for Christmas a few years ago from Academy. I haven't had to use it on a human but I have had to whack a big ass bulldog that was about to jump in Lester, my wife's Jack Russell. Yes, they are effective. And if you get one like mine from Academy they're under $30.00.
One of the original companies was called ASP. They make a quality product at a higher price. But they also have people that train law enforcement and security people to properly use their batons. On top of that they have a legal department to defend ASP certified agencies that have to use their batons. That goes a long way. Think of it like this. If a cop uses an ASP it's a civil matter at best. If YOU use one incorrectly it could be an aggravated assault charge.

To add to the last sentence:

at minimum and depending on the blow you believer, (lethal) it could be much worse. All in the name of “self defense”.

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy a sewing awl.
An ice pick. Grab a hammer. Scrap leather (online). Lead shot or equal. Make your own slapjack. You need a sewing awl anyway.

I couldn't help myself. I purchased an ASP Talon button operated 20 inch steel model.

Maybe I will play with it for a while and then sell it.

4 months later and it has never left the house. I practiced enough with it to be able to get reliable extension and locking.
I still can't figure out a niche for it. I guess it would fit in between pepper spray and a firearm. But, that requirement is very, very slim.

I'd agree. Having said that I do have one in my car to pop windows if I ever was in the child/doggo in a locked car scenario, etc. In my opinion, and I'm not a lawyer, but I'd wager that an ASP would probably be considered a deadly weapon in court, so I'd rather just carry my 43 as a defensive tool.

I've kinda been curious about the legality of the asp in regards to escalation of force as a civy though, but hey...

I don't know if you're aware but Georgia has no "hot car" laws. (To the best of my lawyerin'). If I ever saw someone breaking my windows and tugging at my kids while I'm grabbing sodas at the C-store...well, it's all over for one of us. A lot of people sit their kids in the car. Some a little more on the neglectful side, and some just running in somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom