• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Collapsible Baton

Any of you have experience with collapsible batons?

I know nothing about them.

Are they effective? What are the best brands? What should I look for when buying one?

yes. Great non-lethal option for "crowd control" and aiding folks with compliance....
They are extremely effective if you know and understand how to utilize them properly and " legally".

63f8bf24345d37133fc2e63da5b2cc50.jpg

Check with your local LEO agancies for classes. I received a cert while I was on AD when we had a MTT from Lenpardwood come to Fort Drum Ny to certify us prior to the Invasion in 03.

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have one and trained with it..Compact collapses into a small package and very effective..To deploy just hold the base swing it and let centrifugal force do it's Job. With mine you just push a button on the bottom and it will collapse. I would have to go down stairs to my duty belt to check the manufacturer..But I am getting supper ready..Others that don't have the button on the bottom you must slam down on the handle to collapse them

Why? If you know anything about using a baton it is more effective as a thrusting weapon using the tip as the point of impact, than swinging it like a baseball bat. A collapsible baton. Yeah get some real training.

A real baseball bat is probably a better choice if you are going to swing it like that. Remember that any weapon in a fight can be taken from you and used against you.

You are better off with a weapon that requires training to be used against you.

I was an ASP instructor. I've used them in real life and yes, they are effective. The friction lock ones can be troublesome to collapse under stress. I like the push button ones.

Why? If you know anything about using a baton it is more effective as a thrusting weapon using the tip as the point of impact, than swinging it like a baseball bat. A collapsible baton. Yeah get some real training.

A real baseball bat is probably a better choice if you are going to swing it like that. Remember that any weapon in a fight can be taken from you and used against you.

You are better off with a weapon that requires training to be used against you.

Would you rather be hit with a crow bar, or a baseball bat? That’s basically what those batons are. They’re shattering bones...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom