• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CNF Fish Hatchery at Rock Creek

CliffB

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
Looking at updating my fishing license for trout also since we've been traveling to the mountains a lot more I would like to start toting my ultralight and seeing what happens. Has anyone fished near this hatchery in Rock Creek or surrounding areas and do you think it would be worth taking an ultralight and maybe a rooster tale or similar spin cast bait or is this really a fly fish only area? Thanks in advance, we are going up tomorrow and I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hassle.

Loved Rock Creek had been there in a in a year or two...you can use spinning tackle and I recommend the trout magnet lures

We caught a little brook trout and two little fingerlings off the Rock Creek Trail and got hooked up with a couple fish on the Toccoa under the swinging bridge and my girl landed a single bream. We had a good time though and I got my first trout. Now I just need to earn that trout endorsement and go hit some more creeks up asap.

We got the itch and hit a local pond the next day to use up our remaining red wigglers.
IMG_8139.JPG
IMG_8140.JPG
IMG_8141.JPG

I am thinking of taking my chiterlings up there tomorrow. DO I park at the hatchery and walk down the creek and fish? I have not fished there before. I want my kids to get stoked about trout.

I am thinking of taking my chiterlings up there tomorrow. DO I park at the hatchery and walk down the creek and fish? I have not fished there before. I want my kids to get stoked about trout.

Plenty of places to park along the road leading to the hatchery. Pick a spot and get in the creek.

Back
Top Bottom