• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cast Iron

I have gotten to the point where I won't even use any other plans at all. Cooking in a cast iron skillet adds a degree of flavor regular aluminum Teflon coated pans can not deliver. I want to get s Dutch oven and a few more prices so I can cook everything in cast iron.

One of my favorite pieces of cookware. You can bake with it or put it on the eye. The more you use it the better it gets. No one from that list is ever going to see justice in the court system.
I never wash mine. I wipe it out with a paper towel if I am just cooling meat. If there is something I am cooking that has gravy or sauce I will rinse it out then wipe down with a paper towel. I never use harsh detergent on mine. I am afraid it would strip all the good seasoning off. If I water it down I usually spray a blast of pam to protect the surface and leave the splatter screen over it with a paper towel on top. It always sits on the back burner of my stove.

Love my cast iron collection. I have several, got the best ones from MOM & DAD . One of my favs is this little pan perfect for frying an egg in for sandwich ….. 4” diam (I think ??) about. Have had it for better than 30yrs . It was one of the first ones my MOM gave me.
The wife brought in a couple when we hooked up years ago. I had a few. We have a big stew pot with top…I bet that thing weighs 25# or better !! Lol.
It has a wood handle with a chain link attached to the top , takes both hands to lift it just about !! LOL.

Back
Top Bottom