• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Careful out there guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was known who he was from the start. As long as he didn't out himself and behaved himself, he was free to stay. Impossible to completely ban somebody from a forum. If they want on, they will get on. Better to just keep an eye on them than make a big scene about it. He has probably already registered another username and is once again among us. The mods probably already know about it, and are already watching him.

Isn't it possible to ban his iP address rather than just a username ban?

Isn't it possible to ban his iP address rather than just a username ban?

Most people don't have a static IP address. Most IP addresses are dynamic, so if you ban the IP address, all they have to do is power cycle there dsl modem/cable modem and they get a new IP. Quite a few people on here like me have access to several thousand IP addresses on top of that so it is pretty much impossible to stop them.

Most people don't have a static IP address. Most IP addresses are dynamic, so if you ban the IP address, all they have to do is power cycle there dsl modem/cable modem and they get a new IP. Quite a few people on here like me have access to several thousand IP addresses on top of that so it is pretty much impossible to stop them.

But couldn't you ban his IP range, as long as it didn't affect any other members.

I like the ODT, the members have been helpful with information on various gun types and which ones to stay away from. Outstanding site!

I thought you were outta here?

it would be a walk in the park for you if his mac address was transmitted through tcp/ip. even if that was plausible, i doubt you're dealing with someone who can spoof it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom