• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Careful out there guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....Oh well, continue to follow the law and you will be fine.

On a side note, months ago Moonie was doin quite a bit of LEO bashing and stating that he "used to be in LE", so I PM'd him and asked details of where he worked and why he felt that way if he really did work in LE, he never responded.....

based on his "get the point" comment to OS, I assume this guy was a physc test failure for a LE job, ..... he has control issues and anger problems...

Isn't it possible to ban his iP address rather than just a username ban?

it would be a walk in the park for you if his mac address was transmitted through tcp/ip. even if that was plausible, i doubt you're dealing with someone who can spoof it

10-15 years ago when there was one computer in a house, probably not a laptop and no tablets or smart phones, banning was as simple as blocking an IP address...but now with so many devices capable of accessing the net and multiple computers, laptops and tablets in a house - banning is a little trickier. :(

10-15 years ago when there was one computer in a house, probably not a laptop and no tablets or smart phones, banning was as simple as blocking an IP address...but now with so many devices capable of accessing the net and multiple computers, laptops and tablets in a house - banning is a little trickier. :(

All of those devices share an IP address if they are connected to the same router. Of course, work, library and mobile access is a different animal. Also, one could use a Proxy server but I digress.....

All of those devices share an IP address if they are connected to the same router. Of course, work, library and mobile access is a different animal. Also, one could use a Proxy server but I digress.....

Yes, they do share the same IP address but I was speaking more to the comment about blocking MAC addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom