Car dealerships

Dave550

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
44   0
Reaction score
Car people - Kennesaw Hyundai replaced my engine (free) and said I needed new brakes badly. They said the brake pads were between 1-2mm left on them and would be around $500. I said thanks but no thanks.

Thing is - they said they replaced the engine but refused to test drive it because of the brakes being so worn- that I’d have to have them replaced before they’d test drive it. I still said nope.

I bought new brakes and changed my brakes today for around $50 total, front and back. FYI - new brake pads are 10mm. Here’s my old ones I removed. They measure 7mm. Almost 70% life left on them.

Dealership trying to scam me. I doubt they even looked at them.
DC22A381-C41D-4309-A76C-23BDD04002CB.jpeg

They tried to upsell you why they had your car for warranty work. Nothing wrong with that as long as you actually need what they recommend. When them acting like your car was unsafe to drive is downright bs. Id at least make the GM aware of what happened. A google review would get his attention.

They tried to upsell you why they had your car for warranty work. Nothing wrong with that as long as you actually need what they recommend. When them acting like your car was unsafe to drive is downright bs. Id at least make the GM aware of what happened. A google review would get his attention.
Google review posted

I maintain my Honda Pilot religiously.

Had to take it to the dealer to have the codes read, I wanted a fully computer check because one of them was for the transmission, which is not supposed to be a big issue on this vehicle.

First, they told me it would take an hour and a half. Three hours later, I got the print out.

The two codes ( the thing that I asked them to do) were catalytic convertor and a transmission pressure switch.

BUT they had also "diagnosed" $8100.00 in mechanical repairs, nothing to do with the codes.

(1) We don't have emissions, and I checked with my normal mechanic, and I can drive it until the wheels fall off and not have a problem with the car.

(2) The transmission switch is the same as an oil pressure sending switch, it's on the exterior of the transmission and just has to be unplugged, unscrewed, new one screwed in, plug in. Take three different size sockets. OEM part is $40. Dealer charge, $360. Looks to me like a qualified mechanic with a lift can do it in 20 minutes.

The other repairs were all to suspension parts, except one.

According to them, my oil pump has a leaking seal. I don't know where it is leaking because the car doesn't use any oil, and no physical evidence of leaking. That's a $2000 repair. I ask them how they could check a seal on an oil pump without going in to the engine -still wait for an answer. I guess they just "know".

I always hear stories like this. I am sure there are some dishonest techs at some dealerships. The ones I worked at, if they caught you selling a customer something they didn't need it was down the road you go. Now, rip off warranty all you want but never screw a paying customer.

Vehicles are a money pit, I bought my truck brand new paid it off and I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off. You can sink $100k into a new vehicle now days and it wont be worth more than $25k 7 years later. I enjoy not having a truck payment and I dread the day I have to go get a new truck.

Took wife's Hyundai to that same dealer for a list of warranty problems including slipping transmission. They only fixed half of them, but said the transmission was fine. Glad to have got rid of it. Honda dealer isn't much better.

The Woodstock Honda dealer is the worst , take it in for 1 item and they search to find 3 more and way overpriced
That's the Honda dealer I was speaking of. Alignment machine as you drive in will say you need one. Took CRV there to check second Honda battery. First one crapped in less than a year. Waited 3 hours while they checked this and that.
Told them I wanted the car back as that's not what I asked for. Stopped on the way home and bought a new battery. I despise dealers.

Back
Top Bottom