• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all TRUCK guys! Help.

If you’re coming to Atlanta look for a Chevy with a 5.3 , they are everywhere and love high mileage, the ford motors do not 4.6 or 5.4 both have issues over 160k a 5.3 will keep chugging with minimal maintenance .or a Toyota 4.0 6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LuLz, I’ve spent more man hours diagnosing and replacing coil packs, coil drivers, and inserting time-serts in the 5.4s from that era than I can shake a stick at. That’s just for starters.
The spark plug issue is significant, but coil packs are common to every car these days. I actually bought one of the spark plug tool kits, and of course I've only needed it once.

I used to keep a code reader, a spare coil pack and tools to swap it in my expedition

Used the spare coil pack a lot more than the spare tire

I used to keep a code reader, a spare coil pack and tools to swap it in my expedition

Used the spare coil pack a lot more than the spare tire
These days, a decent set of coil packs can be had for less than $50, so keeping spares is much easier. I know some folks will only go for OEM, but I've had good luck with aftermarket.

Good luck finding a decent deal around Atlanta. Seems like all the deals are either in BFE South GA or in SC, TN, AL. All the Buy Here Pay Heres in ATL done scooped up the used cars.

Good luck finding a decent deal around Atlanta. Seems like all the deals are either in BFE South GA or in SC, TN, AL. All the Buy Here Pay Heres in ATL done scooped up the used cars.

Yep
Always have to go at least 50 miles out of Atlanta for a decent deal
Totally worth it though for the money you save by shopping around

Save thousands by taking two days and driving to go get the car
You want at a good price

Got my previous expedition in NC
Got my current expy in FLA
Got the wife’s beetle in TX
Got my sons K10 in AZ

My nephew got a screaming deal on a new Tundra in Texas. He saved many thousands by going from Florida to Dallas to get it from a stealership that was just about giving it away

Brother got his last two cars in WV and ALA

Back
Top Bottom