• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all TRUCK guys! Help.

Thanks for the info guys. I think I’m going to up my budget and look for a decent Tacoma. too many ads with ‘rebuilt engine’ in it for the F150s.

I don't think you'll find a tacoma that's not ragged out for $4k.

As far as f150s I see people still asking $4k plus for 90s square bodies. Don't confuse the old 5.0 with the new 5.0 either.

I think the Chevy 5.3 is a better motor than the 4.6l or 5.4l but that's only bc I'm tired of working on the 4.6l.

I would keep your eye on Craigslist, also check out proxibid for a good deal on a 2wd work truck. Proxibids premium vary from auction to auction though.
Yes the 5.3 is a superior engine, but the 4.6 was in about everything ford made with a rear wheel drive so parts and info are readily available.

I've owned just about every truck made, and one thing I never got used to or enjoyed was a smaller truck.

I would rank my top three as
Chevy with a 5.3
Dodge
Ford

you can't beat a early 2000's Chevrolet Silverado we have 3 of them with over 300.000 miles that run vary well we have not had to do any major repairs on them with exception of a rear seal on a engine I have seen them on face book a lot of times for around 3 grand with like 200.000 miles on them that seems reasonable to me Good luck with you search

Yes the 5.3 is a superior engine, but the 4.6 was in about everything ford made with a rear wheel drive so parts and info are readily available.

I've owned just about every truck made, and one thing I never got used to or enjoyed was a smaller truck.

I would rank my top three as
Chevy with a 5.3
Dodge
Ford
Also this, can't beat the 5.3 Chevy

What will you be using the truck for?

You want a short bed , long bed, extended cab, or crew cab?

Demand varies by body style

Got an '05 Silverado 5.3L engine w/126K miles...in a '67 Camaro :eyebrows:
Before install, pulled the heads off for a touch-up valve job and valve spring swap. Internals looked brand new.
Great engine !!

new 5.3L.JPG

0C83E5F1-23D3-46D0-8077-8AC2B54D0DB9.jpeg
5E9DBAFC-389D-4E77-9F4D-B224E09D005A.jpeg
A friend of a friend has this one for sale.
Not sure if it’s your cup of tea but apparently the mechanicals are awesome and it’s a stick shift.
This would make someone a really cool offroad project toy or a hunting rig.

2.8 v6 5 speed runs great asking 1800. 87 model. 120k on it and yes it’s a 4x4.

Back
Top Bottom