• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buyer Beware of Sky Guns International

Status
Not open for further replies.
These two quotes seem to be at odds.

Again, I will state, NO ONE has requested a refund that has not received a refund. Anyone who wishes a refund will need to contact us and request a refund. The 500 retail slots that were opened in February have all been fulfilled, we have no outstanding open orders at this time.

Jay, a one man show runs Sky Guns International and advertised a pre-order of AR-15's on Feb. 3, 2013. Payment was due up front.
Delivery was suppose to be late Feb. to Mid-March, 2013.

Myself and a friend ordered 3 of them. Nothing but excuses come early March through today when he sends out this e-mail:

All,
At this time most of you have received your completed upper receivers. Due to the current state of the firearms industry we have decided to break our own rule of doing business with vendors that are taking advantage of people due to the current state of the industry. We have procured lower receivers from Superior Arms and Palmetto State Armory in order to complete your orders, unfortunately this will result in a $40 additional charge, as these receivers cost twice as much as our preferred vendors. We do have product inbound from our preferred vendors, but the ETA is still unknown, we are on the phone with our vendors daily, the primary issue is that the forgers and manufacturers were not prepared for such a large surge in production. We were supposed to have received the product in the time frame we originally stated at time of your order. Please respond ASAP s we have limited numbers of these products. Additionally, if anyone wishes to procure their own lower receiver for us to complete their order, we will offer a $80 discount.

Regards,
Customer Service

Sky Guns International

After e-mails back and forth over this never ending saga, Jay demanded if we wanted to cancel the order we had to pay a 15% restocking fee. Remember now, we paid over 70 days ago, we waited and waited and waited way past his original delivery promise and somehow now that he can't or won't deliver we have to pay a 15% restocking fee on something he NEVER even had "In Stock"??

You cannot call this "so-called" company because they took their phone number off their web-site. Jeez, I wonder why.

Please, don't be fooled by this charlatan.

Welcome back! Can you address a few questions that have come up since your last visit?

Follow up questions to the above:

What are the full specs for your bolt carrier groups? Bolt is Carpenter 158 steel, MPI, HPT, shot peened with a tool steel extractor. Carrier is chrome lined, hardened gas key and Grade 8 cap screws staked per Mil-Spec

Are you selling the airsoft MBUS sights and representing them as genuine Magpul products?
The Magpul items are directly drop shipped via the distributor.

Last edited:
dodge questions much? A simple yes or no would probably suffice.

BTW, what are you doing on here? With all of the gov't contracts, it seems like you don't need to be defending yourself to the odt.

He's taking a break. It's stressful to build 9,000 rifles, make the lowers, and barrels from blanks, all in your garage.

dodge questions much? A simple yes or no would probably suffice.

BTW, what are you doing on here? With all of the gov't contracts, it seems like you don't need to be defending yourself to the odt.
I do not know what the mix up with the sites are, the customer contacted me and said they were air soft sites, I told him to ship them back and I would refund. The only reason I am defending myself to the ODT, is members here have sent me a lot of business and have me address this issue. As someone pointed out, 90 plus posts, of these people, who has actually done business with us and actually owns one of our rifles. I believe that anyone that has done business with us and does actually own one of our rifles do not have any complaints. Again I will state again, NO ONE has requested a refund. There are people on this forum that have canceled orders with us and dealt with us, I am sure that they do not know what is going on here.

- - - Updated - - -

He won't answer that either.
Yes we manufacture in downtown Dallas, GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom