• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buy a gun for retail at a LGS then..................

Hey, I have embraced it. Do whatever you guys want. Charge $2 per round for Wolf 9mm... Charge a thousand for a used Glock with a horrible stipple job. Buy new guns and flip them here the same day.

No skin off my ass... I will buy my guns retail, save hundreds and wait for the inevitable entertainment to ensue... :-)

Hey, I have embraced it. Do whatever you guys want. Charge $2 per round for Wolf 9mm... Charge a thousand for a used Glock with a horrible stipple job. Buy new guns and flip them here the same day.

No skin off my ass... I will buy my guns retail, save hundreds and wait for the inevitable entertainment to ensue... :-)
now you got it.

But he has an FFL. That's the difference.
FB_IMG_1600189094440.jpg

I was trying to keep up with this thread but I had to work last night..
Is someone (OP or someone) saying its illegal to buy a gun retail and resell it for a profit on ODT?
Even on the same day?

Its my understanding (someone can explain it to me) of gun laws that would it NOT be illegal.

The law seems to read that its all about intent.
A person could buy a gun and decide he didn't like it and resell it.(Buy it Here or anywhere)
1.Profit/Loss doesn't play into the legality.(you don't have to lose money)
2.How long you own it doesn't play into the legality.(Same day)
3..How many guns you have bought/sold doesn't play into the legality.(this one is a Maybe)

A person could buy a gun and take it home and shoot it once and decide he didn't like it and legally sell it(Same day)
The law doesn't even say you have to shoot it,
You could take it home and determine it doesn't match your drapes and sell it without firing it.
(New in box).

The law(my understanding) is the legality is based on intent to "Operate a business"

So Buying a gun at a gun store and reselling it the same day on ODT and even for a profit would NOT be illegal.

Is someone (OP or someone) saying its illegal to buy a gun retail and resell it for a profit on ODT?
Even on the same day?

Its my understanding (someone can explain it to me) of gun laws that would it NOT be illegal.

A person could buy a gun and decide he didn't like it and resell it.(Buy it Here or anywhere)
3..How many guns you have bought/sold doesn't play into the legality.(this one is a Maybe)

A person could buy a gun and take it home and shoot it once and decide he didn't like it and legally sell it(Same day)
You could take it home and determine it doesn't match your drapes and sell it without firing it.
(New in box).

The law(my understanding) is the legality is based on intent to "Operate a business"

So Buying a gun at a gun store and reselling it the same day on ODT and even for a profit would NOT be illegal.

I believe that you are correct. If the ATF is closely watching someone #4 would probably come into play. From the stories that I have read about getting busted by the ATF involved intentionally selling to prohibited people. Probably not the case every time but that appears to be the best way to get on their radar.

Even on the same day?

(New in box).

It is if the intent is to flip guns for the purpose of making a profit, without a license.

There 100% are a handful of people here on ODT, that do this. That is their intent. They sell guns for profit as a means of supplementing their income.

Your argument is nothing more than a weak attempt to come up with excuses to pretend that what the individual is doing is not illegal.

There are many people, myself included, that like to try out different things... sometimes they are impulse buys and months or a year later we look back and realize we never shot them... There, the intent is as your argument points out.

That's not what the OP is talking about.

Yes, you can buy a gun at a LGS, get home and for whatever reason decide you don't want it, and turn around and sell it and it is not illegal. The OP is talking about people who scope out deals at LGS's, buy them with the intent that you mentioned, to then toss them onto ODT, ArmsList or GunBroker for a significant profit... They do this regularly, as a means of generating income.

Most of the people here, don't do that. Most fall into the buck of your "argument" above. But there are absolutely people here do are operating as unlicensed dealers. Same as they do on the other sites...

And to be clear, I am not ranting or complaining about them at this time... I am just pointing out that your argument, doesn't extend to those people.

Back
Top Bottom