Bug out Bag... BAG? Guide/Walkthrough

Well if you are going alone and are a p%^&y then you wouldnt want to take all of the list yourself. i have plan for 3 people going, everyone has personal stuff, everyone carries some needed community type items , its all relative, what ever you think you might need that you can handle.

Not to be cocky or anything but I guarentee I am in better shape tgan 90 percebt of people on here. My personal time is the gym, I lift 3-4 days a week consistantly, run about 3.5 miles after each session. I plan meals, protein supplements, the whole 9 yards.

I got into body building about 2 years ago and never stopped. Like I said, not concerned about being in shape.

But, back to topic.

Is it common to make mutiple Bug out bags oe just 1? Are there any prebuilt ones I could order?

Glad to hear your in such good shape, it will definitely help if you have to cover long distances with a pack.
I have two bags set up. 1 for me, 1 for my wife. i also keep a get home bag in the trunk of my car. It is basically a very stripped down version of BOB with a camping hammock, with very basic cooking and first aid kit. This pack is only for getting me home from work or out somewhere on the weekend. I've seen prebuilt ones, but they are expensive as hell. you should look at a CFP-90 military pack, you can usually get them cheap online. I like mine a lot. If you don't like it, look at packs at REI on the discouted rack.

Well if you are going alone and are a p%^&y then you wouldnt want to take all of the list yourself. i have plan for 3 people going, everyone has personal stuff, everyone carries some needed community type items , its all relative, what ever you think you might need that you can handle.

me and the wife's pack share some "community items".

I thought you were gonna hike all that stuff in your list by yourself.

Lots of way to approach this...I follow a modular system......I have EDC items, which I can throw in my GHB, in turn I add the contents of the GHB to the BOB and so forth and so on.............most of my supplies are at my BOL which the family and I are transitioning into a permanent residence. There are some redundancies with what I have stored in place and whta is is in my BOB just in case my BOL becames uninhabitable. The items one can carry are endless but who want to carry a "kitchen sink".

With respect to fitness......there is a big difference between typical bodybuilding routines and routines designed to enhance performance. I know some (not all)bodybuilders who look good but don't have strength and endurance and I know some powerlifter types who look like lard asses that have great strength and decent stamina.

I mix my workouts in an attempt to balance strength, power and endurance. Lots of compound movements, complexes, sled work, tire flips, cardio (3 times a week). What works for me might not work for you and vice a versa. Go on a 4 hour (minimum) hike at least once month w/pack.

Lots of way to approach this...I follow a modular system......I have EDC items, which I can throw in my GHB, in turn I add the contents of the GHB to the BOB and so forth and so on.............most of my supplies are at my BOL which the family and I are transitioning into a permanent residence. There are some redundancies with what I have stored in place and whta is is in my BOB just in case my BOL becames uninhabitable. The items one can carry are endless but who want to carry a "kitchen sink".

With respect to fitness......there is a big difference between typical bodybuilding routines and routines designed to enhance performance. I know some (not all)bodybuilders who look good but don't have strength and endurance and I know some powerlifter types who look like lard asses that have great strength and decent stamina.

I mix my workouts in an attempt to balance strength, power and endurance. Lots of compound movements, complexes, sled work, tire flips, cardio (3 times a week). What works for me might not work for you and vice a versa. Go on a 4 hour (minimum) hike at least once month w/pack.

I agree with this, after my first hike with my BOB, i ditched some of it (kitchen sink stuff), and lightened it up for the second hike.

heck i found a pretty good pack at walmart for 60 bucks. I have it for getting from NC back to AL, of course that would be with the car at first and then if i had to i could ditch it along the way. As far as rucking goes a good starting point would be 12 miles in 3 hrs with 40lbs. If you can do that then you are in pretty good "rucking shape"

Back
Top Bottom