• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Broken screw removal

hqdefault.jpg

IMG_4010.jpeg

A big thanks to everyone for the advice!

I stopped by TruPrep TruPrep twice, but missed cmshoot cmshoot both times. Just a matter of my funky schedule causing me to pop in at off times. At least I got to do a little shopping in the process.

I’d hit it with penetrating oil when I first posted, & a couple more times since then.

I popped the 3/32 punch in the freezer for a few hours, sharpened up the 1/16 punch to make a prick punch, per 4ssss 4ssss , then hit it with a heat gun. Once it was good and warm, I used the frozen punch to cool the screw, & on the 3rd tap of the prick punch, it spun loose. Got it the rest of the way out with needle nose pliers. Now I just need to order some replacement screws to get the grip panel back on, & I’ll be back in business. Thanks guys!

View attachment 5790765

A big thanks to everyone for the advice!

I stopped by TruPrep TruPrep twice, but missed cmshoot cmshoot both times. Just a matter of my funky schedule causing me to pop in at off times. At least I got to do a little shopping in the process.

I’d hit it with penetrating oil when I first posted, & a couple more times since then.

I popped the 3/32 punch in the freezer for a few hours, sharpened up the 1/16 punch to make a prick punch, per 4ssss 4ssss , then hit it with a heat gun. Once it was good and warm, I used the frozen punch to cool the screw, & on the 3rd tap of the prick punch, it spun loose. Got it the rest of the way out with needle nose pliers. Now I just need to order some replacement screws to get the grip panel back on, & I’ll be back in business. Thanks guys!
Good job !

Back
Top Bottom