• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blood sugar problems? Read this.

I will receive the official Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis tomorrow afternoon. I got the lab results last week confirming. I hope that my doc will put me on metformin as it may be easier to tolerate.
I’m not a doctor so don’t take this as med advice. Keto and intermittent fasting dropped my a1c from 7:2 to 5.4. was taking Metformin at one time, which I came off of. Metformin is a good drug, I believe, and would consider it just for anti-aging but if you can get your blood sugar and more importantly restore insulin sensitivity, in my opinion that is much better. In My non-medically trained, opinion.

I'm 62, and found out in early March that I have type 2 diabetes. While out visiting my brother in law in Texas, I was given a Dexcom patch to check my sugar on my smartphone. First reading I got was 418! It stayed very high for several more days after that initial reading. I then had a blood draw at my Doctor's office only to find out my A1C was 9.9! I was prescribed Metformin 1000 mg. twice daily. I then made a decision that I was gonna get this stuff under control immediately. I cut out all sugar and started cutting way back on my eating, and I'm down 56 pounds today. I test my blood glucose most of the time twice daily and it's been anywhere between 85 and the low 100's for a couple months now. No exact plan, just cutting carbs and sugar. To me it's absolutely a mind play just like quitting smoking, which I did in about 2 weeks many years ago. I weighed 403 at my heaviest, and I was just tired of not trying to take better care of myself. Got my wife on the bandwagon now too, she's down 40 lbs. too! Lucky for her she's not a diabetic. I still have the same joint and back issues that have plagued me for years, but I am feeling much better from improving my lifestyle..........

I'm 62, and found out in early March that I have type 2 diabetes. While out visiting my brother in law in Texas, I was given a Dexcon patch to check my sugar on my smartphone. First reading I got was 418! It stayed very high for several more days after that initial reading. I then had a blood draw at my Doctor's office only to find out my A1C was 9.9! I was prescribed Metformin 1000 mg. twice daily. I then made a decision that I was gonna get this stuff under control immediately. I cut out all sugar and started cutting way back on my eating, and I'm down 56 pounds today. I test my blood glucose most of the time twice daily and it's been anywhere between 85 and the low 100's for a couple months now. No exact plan, just cutting carbs and sugar. To me it's absolutely a mind play just like quitting smoking, which I did in about 2 weeks many years ago. I weighed 403 at my heaviest, and I was just tired of not trying to take better care of myself. Got my wife on the bandwagon now too, she's down 40 lbs. too! Lucky for her she's not a diabetic. I still have the same joint and back issues that have plagued me for years, but I am feeling much better from improving my lifestyle..........
Good for you!

Only eat once a day in the afternoon. 3:00 is best. then eat a LOT. Meat & veggies.

NO carbs!

Drink water non stop all day long.

It's not that difficult after the first 3 days.

You will lose the weight fast.
That's the sad part, all of the best tasting veggies are loaded with carbs..........

Made me feel like I was building up to a heart attack. BamaFan I meant to order the book a few years ago when the post came up. How about some feed back after a few years, did it work?
Saw my doctor yesterday and he stated that I was still in pre-diabetes and that he could not initiate treatment until the A1c was 7.0 and above. That was good news. Then he questioned the lab result of an A1c of 6.5. He called in a nurse for a free A1c test and the result was 5.9 with no fasting and a meal two hours before. Late next summer I sign up for traditional Medicare and the doctor's office will be collecting and analyzing it.

Saw my doctor yesterday and he stated that I was still in pre-diabetes and that he could not initiate treatment until the A1c was 7.0 and above. That was good news. Then he questioned the lab result of an A1c of 6.5. He called in a nurse for a free A1c test and the result was 5.9 with no fasting and a meal two hours before. Late next summer I sign up for traditional Medicare and the doctor's office will be collecting and analyzing it.
They will check annually at your wellness visit if (and only if) you have a history of a problem. Pre-diabetes will cause them to monitor this annually though you might have to specifically ask for it, I do.

Back
Top Bottom