• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blade 2015 is less then a month away!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to admit, I am a little intimidated by the show and knife knowledge in general.

I have an Ultratech and I thought I was nuts buying a knife that expensive....that cost seems like a drop in the bucket compared to whats at the show.

Can a novice go there and find a nice knife for $100 or $200?

ABSOLUTELY! While there are a mess of knives that are high dollar, there's tons and tons of choices in your budget range.

The best advise I can give you is go and check it out. I guarentee you that even if you didn't buy a thing, you'd have a good time.

This is what I got.....

KIMG0025.jpg

Have to admit, I am a little intimidated by the show and knife knowledge in general.

I have an Ultratech and I thought I was nuts buying a knife that expensive....that cost seems like a drop in the bucket compared to whats at the show.

Can a novice go there and find a nice knife for $100 or $200?

Yeah, the Spider Monkey from Soutgern Grinds is in that ballpark as well as many ESEE knives.

I was prepared to pick up a few new ones but even getting there at 3 this afternoon two of them were already gone. Did get to talk to the guys at Zombie tools for awhile, cool guys that make some beefy stuff and definitely not politically correct. Ended up getting their zakasushi, my son cut down a 4" sappling with it when we got home only took him 3 hits.

eN7oupzMy58PuOPV70uMgbfwhNHT-rmvLMQQGCVcogM=w399-h709-no

Such an awesome day there.
I picked up a really nice LT Wright Bushcraft knife for $75, a kabar for 30, a huge Habilis for +200, a really nice carbon fiber Bastion for 90, and a Esee Izula 2 for 59 (free engraving, takes 5 minutes).
Also, I grabbed some of those little flashlights someone mentioned on here last week and some magpul furniture, as well as some VZ grips.
Met: James Yaeger from Tactical Response, who was surprisingly likable in person. Chris Tanner, from Prepared Mind 101, was even goofier than he is on youtube. Ethan Becker, from Becker knives was the highlight of the day. Awesome guy, swapped some funny stories.
DEFINITELY recommend checking out the Habilis table. Based out of Dalton, GA and the owner is a good dude. He had the best selection in the $100-200 range, in my opinion, I wanted all of his stuff.
If you are into making your own stuff, you can have a freakin field day in there. There were alligator hydes, stingray, lizard, you name it. $10-30 per piece. Every type of horn you can imagine, even walrus penis, and blanks in every steel you could imagine.
It seems crazy, but a lot of vendors were not selling their merchandise until Sunday.

If you are looking for deals, The kabar table had a bunch of knives for $10-20 and Smokey Mountain had a bunch of Essee on sale (most of their prices were CRAP!) so you can pick up a few deals. The real fun is getting to learn and spend time with makers of all types.
Looking forward to heading back up in a bit!

If you are looking for deals, The kabar table had a bunch of knives for $10-20 and Smokey Mountain had a bunch of Essee on sale (most of their prices were CRAP!) so you can pick up a few deals. The real fun is getting to learn and spend time with makers of all types.
Looking forward to heading back up in a bit!

I'm looking foward to getting there but soooooooooo tired of the drive! (I did it twice yesterday in a crew cab dually)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom