• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blackhawk Restyle

At this time we have a fully functional grip installation. No interference in the fire position, all components lay where they should be in battery.

i.imgur.com_EvDZ1gc.jpg

Half notch for loading/unloading, no interference, all components locked in the proper position.

i.imgur.com_pVCNEWK.jpg

Full notch for firing...no interference, all components locked in the proper position.

i.imgur.com_udXQHLO.jpg

Ruger OMBH trigger return spring and plunger installed in the filler block. Perfect function and tucked in tighter/less visible on this grip than it was in the original OMBH. So, time to loose the XR3-Red frame all together and finalize the Ligntning Style grip.

i.imgur.com_4Dr7zEB.jpg

Spent a lot of time today tweaking. Finally settled on what I want.....readin over my thread I'd mentioned a single action carry, specially in the woods. Played with 4.5" barrel and 4" too. Even spent time moding the ejector housing and rod for 4" of barrel.

i.imgur.com_eqzNAeF.jpg

Ultimately I settled on sheriff style....3.5" of barrel (to stay out of the roll mark) and when I put it back together and looked it over....its right, specially with the new grip. Just gotta put a sight on it and I can go shootin again to make sure everything it right before moving on.

i.imgur.com_4rzlxVO.jpg

i.imgur.com_yGJ1RFg.jpg

i.imgur.com_lOVDhiU.jpg

i.imgur.com_e3ATaCF.jpg

i.imgur.com_FIiG3Yr.jpg

i.imgur.com_QHopjaQ.jpg

If I can finger out howta make this....I can put an ejector system on that short barrel. Gonna be a long sit on the milk crate!

i.imgur.com_9e0pF7E.jpg

Back
Top Bottom