• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blackhawk Restyle

Followin up on this thread, open carry starts tonight. Perfect fit, snug and a nifty thumb loop in the De Santis Cross Draw holster.

Not sure I like the look with a striped shirt and narrow belt but ya get the ider and it will be perfect for stompin in the woods. Right handed rifles and crossbows will no longer hang up on my carry piece! I'm happy I decided to keep this un.

I'm off to work in the garage and pack stuff up so we'll see how this un rides on a wider belt and with a lot of movement and bending and jukin round....

i.imgur.com_utNkUi0.jpg

i.imgur.com_hA4z5ks.jpg

Been wearin it round the house and yard work, etc. Interesting feeling being right handed but wearing it left. It lays pretty close now that I've tightened up the belt loop and its typically not in the way or snagging doors chairs, etc since it sits a bit forward. Weird and needs some getting used to but I think it'll be great come woods time and the rifle is not going clunk, scrape, boink against the handgun all day long!

It CC's decent with a loose shirt. Changes which side of the booth I sit on though!

But, inbound is a new model Blackhawk 357 that could become a true birdshead (blue or stainless or brass) with bloodwood or burl redwood and maybe scalloped recoil shield. As for blue, not sure if it'll get done all black but I was thinkin maybe Black barrel/cylinder/grip and then rubbing the frame back to a worn black finish, sort of a grey black like faded case colored frame......

Of course, in typical brainstorming fashion......I have an 1860 BP (Replica) 44 cal parts gun.....lovely Colt style 2 piece brass grip frame and one piece wood stock (no grip screw to mar the lines!).

Might be neat to take some measurements and see if there is meat enough to render another Colt Gripped Blackhawk, but this one in the plowshare style. More to follow in another thread.

Back
Top Bottom