• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best single gun for shtf

In my honest opinion, any gun that fires and is accurate is worth its weight in gold if the shtf.
but I would grab my 22magnum rifle and defend my property . it will drop anything that's coming.

If I'm at home, then an 870 would be a great choice, for the reasons already mentioned above. If I had to be out somewhere - might consider an SKS as it is reliable, short and holds 10 rds of 7.62x39.

If you could only choose one gun for shtf what would it be and why . I am leading toward a 12 gauge with short barrel just for the different loads available and the self defense options. I know lots of people sware by 22s and even ARs . I of course own more than one gun this is just hypocritical. I also really like the Rossi matched pair single shots . Great little back pack guns in different calibers.

It would depend on the situation and the location (urban or rural) and expected amount of hostile interactions

If all was unknown I would be eventually trying to get to rural remote so

My package for this is

A single shot rifled barrel 12 gauge with fixed sights - AR type collapsible stock with shell attachment & flashlight and laser attachment

Sling with bag attached w/ 20ga - 410ga - 45acp - rifled 9mm - rifled 22mag - rifled 22lr scavenger adapters - 4 solid brass 12ga shells and primers

After experimenting with the 12ga reloading and practicing w/ the inserts - I unfortunately “lost” the set up about 4 years ago just in case

Back
Top Bottom