• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best single gun for shtf

In my honest opinion, any gun that fires and is accurate is worth its weight in gold if the shtf.
but I would grab my 22magnum rifle and defend my property . it will drop anything that's coming.

If I'm at home, then an 870 would be a great choice, for the reasons already mentioned above. If I had to be out somewhere - might consider an SKS as it is reliable, short and holds 10 rds of 7.62x39.

If you could only choose one gun for shtf what would it be and why . I am leading toward a 12 gauge with short barrel just for the different loads available and the self defense options. I know lots of people sware by 22s and even ARs . I of course own more than one gun this is just hypocritical. I also really like the Rossi matched pair single shots . Great little back pack guns in different calibers.

It would depend on the situation and the location (urban or rural) and expected amount of hostile interactions

If all was unknown I would be eventually trying to get to rural remote so

My package for this is

A single shot rifled barrel 12 gauge with fixed sights - AR type collapsible stock with shell attachment & flashlight and laser attachment

Sling with bag attached w/ 20ga - 410ga - 45acp - rifled 9mm - rifled 22mag - rifled 22lr scavenger adapters - 4 solid brass 12ga shells and primers

After experimenting with the 12ga reloading and practicing w/ the inserts - I unfortunately “lost” the set up about 4 years ago just in case

Back
Top Bottom