• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best single gun for shtf

22lr will most definitely kill deer. It is legal in NC as a deer round.

For SHTF, nothing better than the 22. You can slip 100 rds into any pocket and be able to defend or forage for days.
If you are thinking a small caliber would be best you might consider stepping it up yo a 22 magnum

The only thing a shotgun does really well is hunt small game, however it can do practically anything reasonably well with just a change of ammo and choke.

If I can only have one firearm, it's a 12ga.

Firearms are tools each one is a tool designed for specific task. You cant fix your car with one flat head screw driver just like you cant accomplish all firearm tasks with one firearm. I want a long range option, an ar, a glock 23 with 9mill conversion barrel, and a hushpuppy. Why have 1 when you can prepare yourself properly? If on foot pare down to the combo that best suits your environment.

Has anybody kept track of how many times this question has been posed? It's almost reaching the "what's better, 9 mill, 40 or 45" level.

Mine would be a 3.5 inch chambered 12 gauge. Different chokes and different shells. You can shoot anything or anybody. Lol. The ammo availability is almost limitless too. Hell I know people that supposedly don’t care for guns or anything but they have a 12 gauge. But this is just hypothetical

itswhattheprosuse.JPG

Just one gun? Has to be the AR-15 in 223.

Ammo and parts are everywhere. Add a 22 conversion kit(not a 'gun' so still just have 1) and you can use it for small game. Normal 223 is fine for hunting most larger game and self defense.

Take a look at the AR in the InRange 'mud test', then compare it to the AK results. The AR wins hands down for running an adverse conditions.

It's light, accurate, easy to maintain and very adjustable and ergonomic. Ammo is also light compared to just about any other rifle or pistol round out there, so you can carry more with you if on foot.

Back
Top Bottom