• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

Wheated bourbons are great. Which Weller you like?!
I had Special Reserve, Antique and 12 year. The 12 year is the best bourbon I've ever tasted. Unfortunately it's crazy expensive. Only reason I got one was I used to be the receiver at Total Wine and could get first dibs at MSRP on some of the stuff that came in. I'd pay 100 for a bottle, but they go for 200+ unfortunately. All I am left with is memories! Had this picture pop up a month or so back from a few years ago when I could get the cool ****. I miss that kind of access!
Bowman Port Finished, Weller 12, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Elmer T Lee, Weller Antique, and Sazerac Rye. Pretty sure I had a Stagg Jr to the left of the picture as well. Oh how the mighty have fallen

Screenshot_20220831-150321_Facebook.jpg

Yep! Bored you got it! I don't do drugs or drink but I can live vicariously through you guys. I mean is that allowed here? Is that okay with you?

Me and Craig Barker and Randy Trusty we're going to Altus Oklahoma one night to go see the movie Creep Show in 1983. We got this bright idea to get a bottle of Wild Turkey. I think we all got about four swallows down and then threw it in the glove compartment where it stayed for months on end. Until one night they got bored and desperate for a buzz and managed to muscle most of it down. That stuff burned the taste buds off my tongue.

I just keep seeing this bourbon thread and you guys just make it sound so enticing. I just never could develop a taste for it. My father loved it. He loved him some Maker's Mark.
You tell him Greg. Mind your own bizness Ken. 🤣

A friend brought this today from MN. This is out of this world! I have to see if my local Habersham County liquor store can get Red Locks Irish Whiskey. Has a subtle sweet taste that is great tasting!

Attachments

• IMG_4765.jpg
    IMG_4765.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4764.jpg
    IMG_4764.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom