• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best .300blkout hunting setup

Lionheart

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
En vino veritas
210   0
Reaction score
I’m curious about options for deer hunting. Primarily subsonic and suppressed. I have a bolt 700 but it’s heavy.
Any lighter weight options y’all are using?

Shooting subsonic 300BLK is like hunting with a 45 pistol. I’d make sure the barrel is 1:7 to better stabilize the flying boolit. That being said a quick ethical lethal kill is what you want for anything you’re hunting for food. So here in GA using subsonic 300BLK I’d say if you’re inside 75 yds you might be ok but that’s just my opinion to make sure it expands properly for a successful hunt. 6.5G is good pistol option as well just not as quiet but way more lethal at distance. Good luck !

I’m curious about options for deer hunting. Primarily subsonic and suppressed. I have a bolt 700 but it’s heavy.

sbr that rifle down to ~8” and direct thread a can.

it will hit like a 45acp but some of the hornady and similar bullets are great. Learn your hold overs and don’t think you’re shooting over 100 yards

I have had bad results with subsonic 300blk hunting. I used the 200gr maker bullet. Lost 2 deer in a row. Both under 40 yards.
Switched to the Barnes tac-tx 110gr and haven’t lost a deer yet. Maybe killed 10-12 with it.

good bullet, my youngest shot a 300bo with the 110 barnes. He shot this one at 80yards. He ran maybe 50.

0s28gf1.jpg

High spenders should look at the Q mini fix for the compact lightweight bolt gun option.

There are cheaper other pistol bolt gun options like the pork sword and elf owl as well that can be fit with a sig folding brace.

You could make an ar bolt action pistol with a kali key charging handle/bolt

If noise wasnt 100% important, a sig mcx is fantastically compact

Interesting to say the least. I've been waiting for pardon to sup/sub mine, but ya'll are making me rethink to the velocity side.
I run a 6" barrel on mine and it kills the **** out of deer . 300 blk doesnt need a whole lot

Shot two deer so far with 300 blk subs. One lung shot one heart shot. Both didnt go more than 20 ft.

Discrete ballistics sellous subs are nasty as hell

Back
Top Bottom