• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best .300blkout hunting setup

The rig that was the genesis for this thread. I’m not an urban sniper but the rig has proven to be a handy late night dispatcher of the armadillos in the yard that are digging under my porch.
Its kinda heavy to carry in the woods for deer so I was wondering about lighter weight options and expanding subs for deer neck shots at 50-60 yds. Subsonic suppressed is addicting.
Gun is very accurate, just heavy. I was even considering cutting the 16.5” barrel and doing a pin/weld on the muzzle break/can adapter to reduce weight and keep 16” rifle status.
Maybe a lightweight chassis. Could always do the ttx supers when leaves are all gone and longer shots possible.
Heck, for a short range gun like this even a barrel spiral flute is on the table lol.
Only thing that gives me pause is I don’t think they made a whole lot of these in .300blckout.
SBR.

Tempting but I can cut barrel to a little over 14” and then pin/weld the brake to save me $200 and being on a list. So is it worth it to SBR? Only NFA stuff I have is suppressor.
How does SBR paperwork go? Submit, wait and then cut when you get stamp?
Or does whole rifle have to wait in jail at FFL while I wait on stamp?

Guess I’m not the only one looking for options for the .300blkout AAC-SD.

Tempting but I can cut barrel to a little over 14” and then pin/weld the brake to save me $200 and being on a list. So is it worth it to SBR? Only NFA stuff I have is suppressor.
How does SBR paperwork go? Submit, wait and then cut when you get stamp?
Or does whole rifle have to wait in jail at FFL while I wait on stamp?
cut after you get the stamp, it takes a month on average. I efiled my sbrs. if you own a suppressor...it is the same list.

Anybody in here run the federal fusion 150s. I know those aren’t subsonic but just curious how the report worked on deer. First time trying them out

running them out of a 16 inch Ruger American

Anybody in here run the federal fusion 150s. I know those aren’t subsonic but just curious how the report worked on deer. First time trying them out

running them out of a 16 inch Ruger American

A buddy who hunts in Monroe county and Thomaston does. He gets about 1.5 - 2 MOA out of a RRA 16 inch upper. He’s killed several does with it. Run very little. I would recommend them over subs.

A buddy who hunts in Monroe county and Thomaston does. He gets about 1.5 - 2 MOA out of a RRA 16 inch upper. He’s killed several does with it. Run very little. I would recommend them over subs.
I’m hoping to get better than that with running a bolt gun. It was either those or the Hornady 110 GMX. I know Hornady makes great stuff I just wanted a little heavier round.

I’m hoping to get better than that with running a bolt gun. It was either those or the Hornady 110 GMX. I know Hornady makes great stuff I just wanted a little heavier round.

Hornady black too. I would recommend the 150 fusions over Hornady though. Just based off of mass alone. You’re shooting a more accurate .30-30 at this point.

Back
Top Bottom