• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best 30-06 round????

What's your app?

Application determines my why and how for em. For deer, usually a 165 grain Sierra powered by Reloader 19, or W760/H414.

For a Garand, I've been partial to 150 grain Hornady FMJ's and 4064 powder.

I'm a believer in the Alliant rifle powders. Reloader 19 for most 30-06 family cartridges has been great. Some use 17 in the 06', but I've not tried it. Reloader 15 has delivered some of the best .308 Win rounds I've fired.

Reloader 22 is my magnum and heavy for caliber bullet loads in .243, .270, .280, 06' and such.

If you love the performance of extruded powders like 4350, 4064, and similar powders, you'll likely love the similar speed Alliant powders.

We have had great sucess with H-414, and either of these bullets, Nosler 165 Gr. ballastic tip, and the other bullet we use is the Barnes TSX/TTX in a 130 Gr. its a screamer... If you can find some older Speer loading Manuals you will find some old secrets. Remember the powders listed help pay for the printing costs to get their powders listed so do the new books too, some older books have great information, however the new ammo for the latest guns will not be there but some very good loads will be at your finger tips. You luck in your hunting/loading quest.........................

I have been loading 30-06 for over 30 years now and my best and favorite load for my Rem Model 700 is a Win. 150gr Power Point and Win. 760 ball powder. It is very accurate and does a great job on deer. I had one that I removed from under the skin of a 180lb deer that measured .77 inches, that is pretty good for a 30 caliber bullet.

Back
Top Bottom